Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #11
CMS

Tu250x

The TU is a great bike, lighter and handles well for a 250 single. It's peppy and IMHO it felt a little quicker than my GZ. If I remember correctly the TU weighed more than the GZ [4 or 5 pounds]. It's a comfortable ride and has a decent seat for a stock seat. The GW and the TU both are the first factory seats that were worth a darn on any bike I'v owned. Mine is stock and I run 55/65 most of the time. If I would change anything I might consider a 16 tooth front gear and maybe a little larger tire [wider] than stock, but for now I'm enjoying the ride. I get a lot of complements on the bike [09 red]. I prefer the longer rides/ and short trips over night. Suzuki dropped the ball on the TU accessory line, there' s not much at all ava through them. I bought a rear rack form Japan so I could use my Givi Top case [30 L]. I run Tourmaster soft sidebags if needed. I'v followed a story on a couple from Canada who toured two up and had a lot of positive comments on the trip. Would like to try that. For me I would rate the bikes, GW first TU next and GZ third , all good bikes in their own way. I'v rode/used them in the same manner and really have enjoyed them all, keeping in mind they are 250's, if you want or need more you need another bike. My rides have all ended wih a big smile on my face, they are just plain fun for me. When I ride to work it takes 45 mins, coming home It may take 1.5 Hrs or more. Not a tech writer as you can see, I started on small bikes and I still enjoy them. CMS

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Thank you for your comments. It is nice to hear from some one who has all 3 of the bikes with real hands on experience.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
burkbuilds

Cool bike. Thanks for posting WW.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:28 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Hey there BB. Long time no see. How are you and are you still on your cruiser?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #15
burkbuilds

Hey WW, I'm fine but I had to sell the bike about 10 months ago to help come up with a downpayment on a house. I'm searching the adds now looking for another Vulcan 500. I've still got all my custom stuff for the one I wrecked in 2012. I guess sometimes we all just find a bike that "fits" us and so far the 500 has been the right fit for me so I think I'll go back to it. Since returning to riding I've had the GZ250, Vulcan 500, 750, and 900. I made the 900 into a trike and then put it back on two wheels after riding a bit on three. Of those bikes the 500 had the most get up and go, top speed, handled well and with my custom seat was the most comfortable for me. There were things I'd love to see different with that bike like Fuel injection and maybe a belt drive for less routine maintenance and I'd like to have air adjustable shocks on it. However, no bike is perfect and those things didn't break the bank with me. The 900 was nice around town but it just didn't have good highway speed and the fuel mileage was in the mid 40's. The 750 was a great bike but just not comfortable and I could not figure out how to customize that seat the way I wanted plus it didn't lend itself to a trunk which I find to be really necessary if you do any grocery shopping, which I did on my 500. I think I can get back on a 500 for under 3 grand with miles between 5K and 10K but it may be spring before I actually make the move.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Good luck in your hunt for another 500. There should be a few good ones out there that are being sold off to get a bigger bike. I see quite a few of the 500 models on CL with not many miles/kms on them.
Just for general interest..........I picked up a 1983 Honda GL650 Interstate last February and haven't ridden it yet. Just can't seem to get up the ambition for some TLC and minor cosmetic work. My ambition was shot all to heck with some serious health issues that Lynda developed and everything else was pretty much put on hold. Not really missing riding but it is a shame having a rideable old bike sitting gathering dust and cobwebs.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #17
burkbuilds

WW, sorry to hear that Lynda has had health issues. I hope she fully recovers really soon. You will both be in my thoughts.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #18
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
WW, sorry to hear that Lynda has had health issues. I hope she fully recovers really soon. You will both be in my thoughts.
Thank you BB. Lynda is in remission from the big "C" at this time. It has been a pretty tense time since last February but the future looks good. Two sessions of Chemo had wonderful results and her latest follow up was very encouraging for both of us. The actual recovery from the Chemo itself is a long one but the alternative is far worse. I do have to thank the medical folks who treated her with compassion and understanding. We could see in their faces that they were very happy with successful treatment and not a long dragged out life ending situation.
The Oncologist said Cancer will return someday but that is the future and we will tackle it when the time arrives. Until then life is good and getting better.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Lynda is in remission from the big "C" at this time.
Absolutely awesome!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #20
Fawlty

Very pleased that the news is good. I know you will both keep a positive attitude, it makes the world of a difference.

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)