Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 11-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Plavanchy

Gw 250

Anybody have experience with the new gw250-looks good and I like the fuel injection

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Gw 250

No experience but they look like a good smaller bike with a modern look. Cheaper than a GZ too. Still not a Freeway bike but I think it would be a lot of fun on secondary highways and in the twisties. It has some styling borrowed from the Bandit so has been nicknamed the Quarter Bandit.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Plavanchy

Not ready to give up the game just yet but it looks like a nice bike

Old 11-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Just remembered. The GW is a Suzuki design and built in China at a lower cost. They are apparently in high demand in China and very well made with good quality control. With such a large market in China I think Suzuki made a good call with an economic bulls eye in the world market.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
No experience but they look like a good smaller bike with a modern look. Cheaper than a GZ too. Still not a Freeway bike but I think it would be a lot of fun on secondary highways and in the twisties. It has some styling borrowed from the Bandit so has been nicknamed the Quarter Bandit.
My Bad. Not Quarter Bandit ......................It has been called the Mini B-King.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Goose51683

Question. With the fuel injection on these bikes, if you change pipes, air filter, etc., is it a pain to change the F.I. settings?

I know my brother has a big bike and he complained about having to change some expensive equipment on for the same reason. I want to say he had to buy a new chip to adjust the injection.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Goose, your brother must have thought he was doing the right thing for more performance but I doubt there would be much to gain from a 250 to make it worth the expense if there are any mods presently available. From personal experience with the 2 FI bikes we have had, I would say to not even try unless you really need that extra couple ponies. Suzuki seems to know how to dial in an FI engine very well for reliable and trouble free engines. There will always be a trade off with every engine mod. One of them being gas mileage. Nothing is free.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

In fuel injected vehicles, as long as the computer is designed to adjust fuel delivery according to air input, then any changes that you make which don't increase airflow beyond the capability of the factory system should be fine. The FI system will automatically adjust to the new settings.

What that capacity is, however, I don't know.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Goose51683

Water Warrior- My brother was dealing with some behemoth of a bike 1600CC if I remember correctly, he's a bit of a modder too so the frame was about the only thing that he had not touched on his bike.

It must run in the family except that his is "pretty" bike, everything is aftermarket and nice and shiny and expensive....in that regards I am his opposite, I get upset is I have to buy anything. Heck even bolts from removing the factory pieces get reused if I can find a place they will fit.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose51683
Water Warrior- My brother was dealing with some behemoth of a bike 1600CC if I remember correctly, he's a bit of a modder too so the frame was about the only thing that he had not touched on his bike.

It must run in the family except that his is "pretty" bike, everything is aftermarket and nice and shiny and expensive....in that regards I am his opposite, I get upset is I have to buy anything. Heck even bolts from removing the factory pieces get reused if I can find a place they will fit.
Woohoo, a modded 1600cc should give him lots of twist and go. Sounds awesome.
I save Metric nuts and bolts too. You never know when you will need a bolt just a bit longer than the one you remove to add a farkle.