Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #161
grasshopper

Today I took the wife for about a 60 mile ride on the magna. I really love this bike. It handles great and the acceleration is more than I could ask for. The PO rattle canned it (not good at all). after the ride I took the bike apart and started sanding it for paint. Being riding weather I did not finish and put it back together and this is at the stage I'm at now. tell me what you all think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1994hondamagnavf750c2.jpg (93.6 KB, 24 views)

http://youtu.be/KIS9Hzv--f0
https://youtu.be/fvmTNllcQOQ

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-23-2014, 05:18 AM   #162
alantf

Desert camouflage?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #163
grasshopper

basically it is the factory yellow under the rattle can black. I can see that desert camo look. I will be riding it like this until I get all the pennies saved up to finish it.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #164
grasshopper

Today I checked the oil and air pressure in the tires. then the wife and I took a ride to Santee S.C. to the Lone Star Barbeque and Mercantile.

Your Destination for Food, Fun & Old-Time Charm

Go back in time as you dine and shop at Lone Star Barbecue & Mercantile. Selected #1 for "down home cooking" by The State newspaper and recently featured as "one of the 10 best barbecue joints in the nation" by USA Today (newspaper, of course!), Lone Star has earned a reputation for its tasty food, cooked just like Grandma used to fix it. In addition to its barbecue and other featured entrees, there is always a good selection of fresh vegetables, salad selections and desserts. Relive the past as you enjoy some of the best country cooking the South has to offer!

At Lone Star, it is always "All You Can Eat"!

Lone Star is a "one of a kind" restaurant and general store that is comprised of four old frame buildings that served as rural country stores and farm commissaries in the late 1800's, on into the 20th Century. In fact, Zeaglar's Store was in operation as a post office and mercantile until 1997.

Lone Star was a long-time dream of Pat Williams, a local Santee Realtor.
As Pat says...
When people walk through the doors at Lone Star, I want them to feel like they are going back in time.
You can bet that a trip to Lone Star does, Indeed, take you back in time!

Lone Star hosts a multitude of special activities and events on a year-round basis. They include featured holiday dinners, special seasonal menus, yard sales, bluegrass or country music entertainment virtually every Saturday night, and country music and bluegrass festivals on Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekends.
Upcoming Entertainment at Lone Star

Saturday Mar 29 6:30-8:30PM Diamonds in the Rough Friday Apr 04 6:30-8:30PM Lone Star Pickin' Parlor Saturday Apr 05 6:30-8:30PM Tristina & Kyle Saturday Apr 12 6:30-8:30PM To Be Announced Friday Apr 18 6:30-8:30PM Lone Star Pickin' Parlor Saturday Apr 19 6:30-8:30PM The Claude Lucas Bluegrass Band Saturday Apr 26 6:30-8:30PM Ladies of the Pickin' Parlor Friday May 02 6:30-8:30PM Lone Star Pickin' Parlor Saturday May 03 6:30-8:30PM Dee Cumbee Country & Bluegrass Band Saturday May 10 6:30-8:30PM Oliver West & the 39 Express Friday May 16 6:30-8:30PM Lone Star Pickin' Parlor Saturday May 17 6:30-8:30PM The Claude Lucas Bluegrass Band Saturday May 24 6:30-8:30PM The Sugar Loaf Mountain Boys

Buffet Hours

Thursday 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM Friday 11:30 AM - 8:30 PM Saturday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM Sunday 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM Keep in mind, for special parties, events, etc., the restaurant will be glad to extend hours and or days, as the need - your need - dictates.
Evening Features
(5:00 'till Close)

Thursday - Beef Brisket Friday - Barbecued Ribs Saturday - Shrimp & Grits Sunday - Changes each week Lone Star Has A New Menu - Check it out!
Same good buffet, same good prices, but now there are other choices, from vegetable plates to catfish stew to desserts, etc. We are striving to have something for everyone!

Live Entertainment Every Saturday Night
Lone Star has live bluegrass or country music entertainment every Saturday night and the Lone Star Pickin' Parlor is in action the 1st & 3rd Friday of every month. Whether you are in the Lake Marion region or just passin' through, come in, dine, and enjoy the "down home" entertainment! It's all free to our patrons. Ya'll come!

Toys & Gift Shop
Lone Star has one of the largest, best gift shops in the region. Many of the toys are as "old timey" as you can find. Look our gifts over and take note of the very reasonable prices!

Lone Star Pickin' Parlor
Lone Star began the "Lone Star Pickin' Parlor" earlier this year and it is growing! The jam session is held the 1st and 3rd Friday evenings of every month, from 6:00-8:30PM. If you would like to pick, sing, or just sit, listen and grin, come on out. It's fun and entirely free. Lee Hanline of Summerville is the lead musician responsible for getting the parlor going. Come be a part of it.

Thursday is Seniors Night at Lone Star
Seniors (65 & over) will pay lunch prices ($9.50) for their evening meals (normally $12.50), which feature extra entrees and other delicacies. Just another benefit of being a senior and dining at Lone Star! Seniors must ask for discount!
Great food! Then we rode through Santee State Park and then back home.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #165
Water Warrior 2

Sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy the day.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #166
peanut

Not a huge upgrade, but I finally got my LH Emgo mirror on. I replaced the right when it broke last season, finally got around to buying the left one. They are a bit taller an squarer than stock, which I seem to like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #167
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Not a huge upgrade, but I finally got my LH Emgo mirror on. I replaced the right when it broke last season, finally got around to buying the left one. They are a bit taller an squarer than stock, which I seem to like.
Speaking of mirrors by Emgo. That is the product I received when I thought I would be getting genuine Honda mirrors. Not real impressed with the fact that they have flat glass rather than the slightly convex which is normal on bikes. Oh well, a small convex stick on will take care of that.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:56 AM   #168
peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Speaking of mirrors by Emgo. That is the product I received when I thought I would be getting genuine Honda mirrors. Not real impressed with the fact that they have flat glass rather than the slightly convex which is normal on bikes. Oh well, a small convex stick on will take care of that.
Oh, that's annoying. I can't believe I hadn't noticed that when I had one stock and one emgo mirror!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #169
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Oh, that's annoying. I can't believe I hadn't noticed that when I had one stock and one emgo mirror!
That would drive me insane......OCD ya know!!!!!

Old 03-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #170
Water Warrior 2

Flat glass is good for distance and the small convex will work for anything close. I will just tell myself it is the best of both worlds. Hmm, actually it is.