Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #31
mr. softie

I will do that this weekend sometime Easy Rider. Thought of posting in mods or how to's. I am planning an all day ride Sunday and will know if the stock seat mod is a keeper. If it is I will post what I got.

As far as starting from scratch, I am thinking a fiberglass seat pan would be fairly easy to fabricate. Padded but shaped to be comfortable without any padding, like a tractor seat, height adjustable perhaps, low for cruising and higher for touring (more leg room). Probably a winter project.

I don't like the poofy look but I like the feel and the height.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #32
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. softie
I don't like the poofy look but I like the feel and the height.
I agree. A little compromise might be in order. :roll:

Looks like a pattern is developing.....with the general shape and composition of the seats that "work".

What I'm looking for is a collection of pictures that someone could take to an upholstry shop with their stock seat pan and say "Here's what I want to change it to".

I'm beginning to think that maybe just filling in the "bowl" with something like memory foam and cutting down the back edge a tad might do the trick.

Egerly awaiting your report.

P.S. I just took out all the "adjustments" I made to my seat earlier and am now back to stock plus gel pad. Planning a 100 mile trip tomorrow to the dirt track races so I will have a report on that too. It might be appropriate for someone who wants a quick, relatively cheap partial fix......who doesn't do really long rides.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #33
Doug577

Send a message via AIM to Doug577 Send a message via Yahoo to Doug577
Re: Who are these people?

I always have something smart to say... which is why I often have to keep my mouth shut.

Login or Register to Remove Ads