Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #31
Jer

Re: GZ250 Rally and other bad ideas...

the plot thickens....

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #32
music man

Sarris, Alan is not gonna give up the whole "Sarris could trailer his bike" joke is he :horse:.

Later
Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #33
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Sarris, Jonathan and Infectus can dress up like their favorite Hello Kitty characters or whatever it is that they're into this week.
How'd you know? Did I run into you at Dragon Con?

*edited for typos

Old 09-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #34
alanmcorcoran

Ron,

Not sure you completely understand my motivation. You see, your idea is a GOOD idea. And, well, it's your idea. Where's the glory and recognition for me?

Where and when is the West Coast one? I suspect it's way too many people for my taste, but I might ride by and check it out if it is in my neighborhood.

-Alan.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #35
mrlmd1

Quote:
Ron,

Where and when is the West Coast one? I suspect it's way too many people for my taste, but I might ride by and check it out if it is in my neighborhood.

-Alan.
So, you started this, now you don't even want to come and see all of us in one place? Well we can have a "rally" without you if that's what you want. Let the party go on! Like you said, we'll tell you how good it was. Ha! :neener:

I know, you weren't referring to the GZ250bike.com rally, just to that other one Ron mentioned. How far away would it be for you to not come to ours ?

Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
Jer

PWNED!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #37
Moedad

Hmm...I browsed the site and there doesn't seem to be a West Coast event. There's a meet on Oct. 4th in Philipsburg, Montana. Looks to be a small town northwest of Butte in the western end of the state. Not exactly your neighborhood. Mine either.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #38
alanmcorcoran

I've got lots of bad ideas and love to share them. Doesn't always mean I'm going to participate in them. Seriously, any get together is gonna be on the deep fringes of practicality for Moe, Busy and I. I'm not saying it's out of the question (I did ride a bicycle for 200 miles once, 18 hours straight) but, given our bikes don't go that fast, don't hold much gas, and have, shall we say, seats optimized for short jaunts, I'd have to do some serious figurin' to justify a trek of more than 400 or so miles.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure about Moe, but I think we both kind of have jobs. I like you guys alright, but I wouldn't want to blow two weeks of vacay time grinding it out to Butt Hole Creek IA. (No offense to the Buttholians.) Especially considering, there's like, two girls on this site.

Now, my world headquarters is in lively Las Cruces, NM. About a 750 mile run. I'd do that. Anybody ever heard of it? Lots of sand there.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #39
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Now, my world headquarters is in lively Las Cruces, NM. About a 750 mile run. I'd do that. Anybody ever heard of it? Lots of sand there.
Yeah, because most people's favorite thing to do is ride a motorcycle in full gear 750 miles through the blazing desert.

:shocked:
Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #40
alanmcorcoran

Actually, LC is at about 4000 feet I think. I believe it's what's known as "high desert." They get snow there. Not in August, of course, but pretty much everywhere is hot then. Might well be hotter in Iowa than Las Cruces.