Dupo 1 3.85%
None of the above 6 23.08%
Other (post below) 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #21
JWR

Re: Tell me what to do.

From a site that I am a member..

8. The moderator's decisions are final. Don't whine about it.

That's about it, but we might throw in a few secret rules now and then to justify being called evil nazis.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
but the discussion itself was totally appropriate
No, it wasn't.

You took an innocent comment, two short sentences, offered in good faith, with no malice........and turned it into a ranting WAR. And even now, you refuse to let go and won't even for a second consider the possibility that you might be totally off base here.

In effect, you are doing ALL the things you are accusing Partick of doing.........although admittedly not quite as bluntly........but just as agruementative, egotistical and demeaning, if not more so.

A prudent person, when they find themselves in a hole, will STOP digging.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
music man

I just want to say two things, first of all, the Newbie got exactly what he deserved for what he said, he is the one who instigated the whole argument, then added more fuel to the fire, so in closing F#$k him.

Secondly how long is this poll gonna be up here before we get the results, I can't wait to see if I won :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

You really can't help but call people who are better at this than you, "holier-than-thou", can you?

My reaction wasn't the least bit excessive. The n00b's five posts asking for information was not hostility. The hostility was when he verbally admonished me for giving him more information than he wanted instead of saying "thanks, but no thanks", it was arm-waving and hysterically telling me he didn't "ask for an OPINION" on filters...as if he was going to get something different ON THE INTERNET.

PS. Are you really a doctor? Because there's a zit on this board's ass that we just can't seem to pop...you might be the only one that can help us out.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #25
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Secondly how long is this poll gonna be up here before we get the results, I can't wait to see if I won
You're gonna have to try harder bud.
:banana:

Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #26
mrlmd1

We need a review of events so far to put this in perspective, and then a little time out.
And then get back to work,

Patrick - Let's try and be gentle and analyze this a little.
If I go back to where you started and go back and look at the noob's post about the oil filter part #- there was one question he asked. Where are 5 posts? On other threads? After WW and MM answered him, you added "Do not use Fram oil filters ......period." Then he responded, and IMHO not in any kind of antagonistic fashion, that he didn't ask for an opinion on the quality of the filters, that he had used them for quite a while and was happy with them, he
thanked WW and MM for furnishing part numbers, and you got upset perceiving him dissing you and sent him the finger, which was hostile.
You wrote:
"My reaction wasn't the least bit excessive. The n00b's five posts asking for information was not hostility. The hostility was when he verbally admonished me for giving him more information than he wanted instead of saying "thanks, but no thanks", it was arm-waving and hysterically telling me he didn't "ask for an OPINION" on filters...as if he was going to get something different ON THE INTERNET"

Did I miss something here? I didn't see or feel any admonishing. The problem with the written word is that the only sound that goes along with it is in the reader's head. What you READ may not have been what he SAID.
You, as the Admin, again IMHO should have been the better man if you thought he was so disrespectful, and said "Noob, you've mis-stepped, you've offended me for (whatever reason), I would prefer you not return to this site again, or if you want to stay, look it up for yourself once in a while", or something
like that. Not tell him to go fuck off, or fuck himself or whatever that picture means. Hostility breeds hostility according to you. That's and eye for an eye, an arm for an arm, or something like that I guess. What about turning the other cheek and being the better man, especially as an Admin? IMHO your response was a little excessive and unjustified and unprofessional.
And how come Easy didn't jump all over you for being so emphatic about not using Frams? Maybe because you didn't say the word "never"? Because you're not me?

And Easy, let's look at where we started - I made a statement "Never buy or trust a used helmet". You said above. "You took an innocent comment, two short sentences, offered in good faith, with no malice........and turned it into a ranting WAR." Are these the sentences you are referring to?

"While that might be good advice in general.........NEVER is a LONG time.
And suggesting that a specific individual who you do NOT know might be selling/giving away helmets that are ........tainted, is at the very least RUDE.
If you just couldn't resist the urge to convey that opinion, it could have been done in a private message."

Not wanting a war, I answered you with this- "Easy - let's not start again. That could have been a PM too."
Then it started when you came back with this-

"SIGH! Let's talk about bedside manner and common courtesy.
Talking about proper fit and poetntial hidden damage is all well and good.
Suggesting that they might be infested with cooties goes over the line, IMHO.......when you are actually talking to the person who is offering them up.
It is not so much what you said but HOW you said it.........and I am somewhat of an "expert" in making mistakes like that"

I guess you just couldn't resist and wanted too keep it going, knowing I would respond to that, putting out some bait and luring me in.

Easy- how come you didn't jump all over Alan for saying a used helmet has an ICK factor? Is ICK not as bad as crud? Is a helmet with ICK not TAINTED as one with crud is? Or didn't you see that post? And if you go back to the article on used helmets I posted there is a statement from a well respected manufacturer that sweat ruins helmets - it degrades the inner foam liner so it loses its' shock absorbing capacity. So, my statement was quite accurate, that a used helmet IS tainted, either with crud or ICK, which both include sweat.

I had offered out a hand in a sort of peace or truce again- "Now we can either shake and make up again and make an attempt to be cordial to each other and sensitive to others here on this forum, or this can go on forever, or until one or more of us gets "Banned" from the site by you know who, popular vote or not."
Besides the threat of banning, you may be chasing others away who don't want too hear this shit. On the other hand, our I'm sure readership has gone way way up in the past few days anxiously awaiting how this turns out.

You want the zit on the board's ass popped? All you have to do is bend over and ask, I'll be happy to lance it for you. (That's with a scalpel if you didn't know).:2tup:

It's time this ends, the battering back and forth, it should be buried but not forgotten, but before it does - anybody else on here have any comments about any of this? The thread had 220 views, anybody else have anything to contribute to the fray? Anything constructive to add?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #27
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Interesting reads. I'm too busy packing and planning for an 11 day, 1,000 mile drive and vacation to Disney World on Thursday to give a crap Otherwise, i'd definetly have an opinion!

See you all on the 27th.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #28
Sarris

I haven't pissed anyone off lately, so I didn't make the list.
:2tup: :popcorn: :2tup: :popcorn: :2tup: :popcorn:
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #29
alantf

Why have these two pages suddenly gone ultra wide?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #30
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Dear mrlmd1,

To be serious for a change, your wild-eyed overreaction is really all I was counting on, and you paid off in spades...

Love & Kisses,
Patrick

P.S.

:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup