Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
ecr959

I got hired ! In Raleigh !!

Hey fellas. I arrived here 11 days ago, on the 14th. Haven't met gzrider yet, though I guess eventually I will. He told me he was "a bit of a loner". I can respect that.

Anyway, I started sending out resumes and applying for everything, whether it was technical or not. I almost had a seasonal job with the UPS as a driver's helper. But they never processed my application, even after a pretty good face to face interview.

Anyway, last monday a friend sends me a link to a company called ACS, they do Call Center work, for a few companies, and specifically for Apple. When the new ipad or iphone gives you trouble, you call customer service. So I fill out the online application, and that same evening, I get a call, they like my application so far, and they set up a personal interview for the 25th, today. So I get my friend to drive me there, I get interviewed by the first guy. He is impressed with my past experience as a repair tech, so he says to me to stick around for a 2nd interview by a lady who works for the "CPU" call center.

So she asked me like mabye 40 or 50 questions, some were written, some were off the cuff, and I saw her writing down notes on every answer I gave her. So, they made me an offer right there, and of course I accepted.
They said :
* its a fulltime Pemanent job
* I get Medical + dental
* Life insurance
* 401 K plan
* Direct deposit
* Pay raise after 4 months

I'm going to answer calls for tech support for CPUs , Apple pcs. I start training Dec 12, fulltime training. Only 5 miles away from this house I'm staying at. The guy was impressed with my tech knowledge, after he interviewed me, another woman interviewed me. They were both impressed. So I am going to give tech support to other techs, not end users.

I looked the guy straight in the eye and asked him "will this be temporary ? or Permanent ?" He said "no, Eddie this is a permanent job offer" ..... I already signed the agreement. :2tup:

So, 13 months in NYC and no job, then just 11 days in Raleigh and I got this gift from god. I want to shout special thanks to Gzrider , and Water Warrior, and Rookie Rider. For encouraging me, also Jonathan and Alan and Mole, I think they all gave me that little push/encouragement to take a chance and move out of NYC and go to Raleigh.
I like everybody I've met in this forum. I got my geezer with me, I'm gonna have to learn the route to the job in the next 2 weeks. Next year, I might get a VStrom , like WW has, but I'm still gonna hang out right here. I'm so happy, I'm almost speechless. I am already getting in touch with the APA so I can play 8ball tuesday nights, and then , maybe I might meet a honey to play with me wednesday nights ... hehehe
:2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: I got hired ! In Raleigh !!

:2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup: :2tup:

WOW WOW and WOW. Fantastic news Eddie. This makes me very happy for you. I like the sounds of a PERMANENT position too. Regular paydays will soon be part of your life. Congrats many times over.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Gz Rider

Old 11-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
blaine

That's great to hear!! Good luck and all the best. :2tup: :2tup:

Old 11-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
ecr959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz Rider
You forget to mention the weather though!
What did you want me to mention GZ ? That it was in the 70s the last 6 days ? Yeah, my friends tell me its warmer than usual. But last night and the night before its getting down to the high 30s, so they tell me that soon we'll be in more normal temps, like in the 45 -55 range.
You're gonna have to share some tips for riding in cool weather. It'll be the first time for me. Long Johns and a leather jacket enough ? ... I got a bunch of scarves from NYC.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Gz Rider

Old 11-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

A balaclava will keep your face and neck protected fairly well. Treat yourself to some Merino wool(smart wool) socks for your hoofies. Recommended by discriminating sheep and riders alike. Guantlets will keep drafts out of your sleeves and are nice with a thinsulate lining. You can also wear light thin gloves under unlined gloves for insulation.
Keep in mind the gas tank will be cold when you hug it with your legs. Thermal undies help a bunch.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Gz Rider

Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #9
Water Warrior 2

[quote=Gz Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":e965yvh4
balaclava
Is THAT how it's spelled?

I've always worn boot and 30 doesn't seem to get through. Maybe I just got warm feet?[/quote:e965yvh4]
Sheesh, had a doubt for a moment so checked the spelling. Yup, I guess good eh ?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #10
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
You can also wear light thin gloves under unlined gloves for insulation.
In the 1960s I used to wear aircrew silk inners in my gauntlets. Haven't seen them around for many years since.