web link to accessories

http://www.performanceyamaha.com/pages/ ... hrome.aspx

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
finallyinthesaddle

Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by trykemike
http://www.performanceyamaha.com/pages/catalogs/products/17/97/216/1/0/0/4/10/74/564/0/billet-chrome.aspx

Has anyone here ordered anything from this website?? Specifically I'm thinking of a National Cycle Plexistar 2 Windshield and these guys are a lot cheaper than the National Cycle website. While that excites me, it also makes me a little nervous. I found a different site that had the windshield for as little as $107!! Again... very scared.... must... not... make.... hasty...decision. :roll:
Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
Easy Rider

Re: Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyinthesaddle
Again... very scared.... must... not... make.... hasty...decision. :roll:
Just watch out for excessive shipping charges. Some places lo-ball the price and then stick it to you with outrageous shipping that only shows up at the very end of the ordering process.

Is that a large shield? If so, I might have a better suggestion.......but it's not cheap.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
finallyinthesaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider

Just watch out for excessive shipping charges. Some places lo-ball the price and then stick it to you with outrageous shipping that only shows up at the very end of the ordering process.

Is that a large shield? If so, I might have a better suggestion.......but it's not cheap.
It's a pretty large sheild, yes. It's the same one that BadBob has on his GZ. What's your suggestion (even though I'm frightened by the 'it's not cheap' comment)?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Easy Rider

Quote:
It's a pretty large sheild, yes. It's the same one that BadBob has on his GZ. What's your suggestion (even though I'm frightened by the 'it's not cheap' comment)?
I've got a Memphis Shades, Santa Cruz. I think it is a bit taller and not quite as wide as Bob's but similar in coverage.
I think list price is ~ $180. It was tricky to get mounted but worth the hassle, I think. Any large shield like that will mount MUCH easier if you have (at least) one other person to help hold it in place during installation.

Hard to get really good pic's of a clear shield.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
finallyinthesaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
I've got a Memphis Shades, Santa Cruz. I think it is a bit taller and not quite as wide as Bob's but similar in coverage.
I think list price is ~ $180. It was tricky to get mounted but worth the hassle, I think. Any large shield like that will mount MUCH easier if you have (at least) one other person to help hold it in place during installation.

Hard to get really good pic's of a clear shield.

Your bike looks really good. :2tup: So does the shield; it looks like it would cut the wind really well. I'm keeping my eye on ebay. I've thought about slipstreamer shields, but I'm not sure I like the fact that their mounting hardware fastens through the shield (at least I think it does based on the photos I've seen)[/quote]
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Easy Rider

Quote:
but I'm not sure I like the fact that their mounting hardware fastens through the shield (at least I think it does based on the photos I've seen)
News Flash: They ALL are like that......as far as I know. :cool:
Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #8
Sarris

Windshield Mounts

Those mounts on Easy's windshield are alot smaller, much better looking, and less obvious than most. The medium size windshield on my GZ (police style) has a large chrome facing with a bunch of screws thru the windshield, but mount to the fork tubes without the mounting rods.

The mounting rod style is easier to mount and a heckuva lot cheaper than the police style mounts like mine.

Easy is right, you gotta hold them up somehow. They don't just float in space.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #9
mrlmd1

I have a Slipsteamer shield on my bike similar to the picture posted and the Plextar 2, covering the grips blocking the wind and debris from hitting your hands. The nice thing about these shields is that they have a 4 point mount rather than 2 points, so they vibrate or buffet a lot less and are more securely mounted than just a smaller windscreen covering only your chest and face. I don't even notice the mounting hardware when I'm riding.
They're a little difficult to get on with just on person trying to hold and adjust everything, it would be easier with two people but it only takes 15-20min solo.
The mounting hardware screws through good rubber grommets through the screen and most shields are like that.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
finallyinthesaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I have a Slipsteamer shield on my bike similar to the picture posted and the Plextar 2, covering the grips blocking the wind and debris from hitting your hands. The nice thing about these shields is that they have a 4 point mount rather than 2 points, so they vibrate or buffet a lot less and are more securely mounted than just a smaller windscreen covering only your chest and face. I don't even notice the mounting hardware when I'm riding.
They're a little difficult to get on with just on person trying to hold and adjust everything, it would be easier with two people but it only takes 15-20min solo.
The mounting hardware screws through good rubber grommets through the screen and most shields are like that.
What model of slipstreamer do you have?? I had been considering the "Original" or the "Enterprise models.