Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 07-14-2021, 09:30 AM   #1
rider_al

High Idle even with Pilot Screw all the way in.

Hi All,
After my bike has warmed up the idle is still very high even with the pilot screw all the way in. I was hoping that the engine would cut off when idle but it still revs high.
I have checked for vacuum leaks ( sprayed cab cleaner around the boot) and it doesn't rev up. So I don't think this is a problem.
Could it be there is a leak with the pilot screw ? Mind you I have replace the pilot screw from a new rebuild kit and it still idle high when it's screwed all the way in.
Would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
Stilkikn

You've probably checked this already but in case you haven't, make sure your choke is returning to normal position when you close the lever, sometimes they get a bit sticky. Mine was like that when I got it but freed up quickly with use.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:21 PM   #3
EddieSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilkikn View Post
You've probably checked this already but in case you haven't, make sure your choke is returning to normal position when you close the lever, sometimes they get a bit sticky. Mine was like that when I got it but freed up quickly with use.
Yeah I had the same issue. I actually swapped it over to a direct choke when I bobbed my bike out because I was tired of dealing with it

Old 07-15-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
rider_al

It was definitely the choke. Thanks for the wonderful feed back. I changed the choke cable and now it's running fine. The engine now dies with the pilot screw all the way in ( which is expected)
Thanks again.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:23 AM   #5
Mlamey

I found that depending on how you down shift , let the bike lope mine goes down and my opinion is it's doing it's best at imitating a Harley it's a baby loper . And if you run it right you can go 55- 70? Don't think I've ever seen 70 but that's me. in 5th or 20 in 3rd or fourth I've had compliments on this effect . idk my math is probably way off but I run mine like a mini hog and she loves it.

Last edited by Mlamey; 07-24-2021 at 04:25 AM.