:plus1: :horse:
Old 10-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #33
alantf

Re: GZ Will Not Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Who really gives a shit?

:lol:
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I LOVE it! Or is it just that I'm mad as a hatter with lots of time on my hands? All answers on a $5 bill, & posted to my home address. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! :biggun: :retard: :neener:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #34
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Who really gives a shit?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I LOVE it! Or is it just that I'm mad as a hatter with lots of time on my hands? All answers on a $5 bill, & posted to my home address. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! :biggun: :retard: :neener:
I think you're just madddddd. :rawk:
Old 10-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #35
New GZ250

When the time comes, think I will get a battery from the dealer (OEM) Thanks for all the input guys! Think I got too much info, think I will error on the safe side. This post has been entertaining, brought up a bunch on none related issues. I think Water Warrior has cleaned up his act considerably! Thanks to all for educating me!
:popcorn:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #36
Easy Rider

Quote:
Who really gives a shit?

Obviously HE does, as he constantly turns tiny simple little disagreements into ranting tirades.

And he DID say way back in the beginning that all small batteries are AGM and THAT is the ONLY thing I was commenting about. Quoted in RED in my last post.

I'm sorry that you don't like me, Doc. but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it now so I guess you will just have to live with it.

It is YOUR problem. Like Sarris said, I don't give a shit anymore. Rant ON.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #37
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250
When the time comes, think I will get a battery from the dealer (OEM) Thanks for all the input guys! Think I got too much info, think I will error on the safe side. This post has been entertaining, brought up a bunch on none related issues. I think Water Warrior has cleaned up his act considerably! Thanks to all for educating me!
:popcorn:
HUH !! Not trying to start a confrontation but when was my act not acceptable ? Give me a couple examples and you will get my sincerest apologies. Honest.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #38
burkbuilds

I don't know anything about all the stuff you guys are talking about with the AGM and the other "letters" but when my GZ250 factory battery was right at 4 years old I decided to order a new one to keep handy just in case it did die and when I decided to trade it in, I went ahead and put the new battery in the GZ so the new owner would not have to worry about it, and since I couldn't send it back and had no use for it. I just happen to have kept the old battery from my GZ in the box that the new battery came in, so I walked out to the shop and got it and it's sitting here on my desk now, here's what I found.
The battery that came in my GZ was a YTX7L-BS It is sealed and says "DO NOT OPEN" in big letters on the cover above the cells. It also says "This Battery is sealed type. Never remove sealing caps even at Charging." and "Never add water. Charge at 12V with current and time as stated below." below it says "STC: 0.6A x 5 ~10h or Quick:3.0A x 1.0h"

The battery I bought to replace it I got on line and it was shipped sealed and without needing to put anything in the battery. It was made by Scorpion. The box says "Sealed Maintenance free VRLA AGM Powersports Battery" "Distributed in the USA by ZKE marketing scorpionbattery.com" YTX7L The installation Instructions say "Sealed Batteries" Sealed Lead-Acid Battery (VRLA) Instructins for Battery Installation 1) Check battery open circuit voltage. 2a) When voltage is lower than 12,60V or storing time is longer than 6 months, the battery must be recharged as described at following item 3. 2b) When voltage is higher than 12,60 V, battery may be installed on the vehicle without any refreshing charge. 3a) Constant voltage charging mode: Constant voltage range =14,40-14,70V Initial charging current = 0,1 - 0,5Cn Charging time = min. 6/max. 24 hrs. 3b) Constant current or power charging mode: Max. charging current = 0,1 Cn Recommended charging time = 5-8 hrs. The result [(charging current) x (charging time)] must be within the range 0,5 - 0,8 Cn N.B: When charging procedures different from those above described are used, in any case max. currents and 24 hours charging duration must not be exceeded.

That's all typed exactly as written on the instructions that came with the battery, by the way in a lot of foreign countries a comma is used instead of a period for the decimal point in case you are wondering why it says stuff like 14,40V instead of 14.40V like we usually write it here in the states. Hope this is helpful.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
The box says "Sealed Maintenance free VRLA AGM Powersports Battery"
Since I had a hand in starting this s*** storm, maybe I should try to add some clarification to it.

It appears that what you got is a "real" AGM battery; that is, one that follows all the standard conventions for an AGM type battery......sealed and maintenance free. Like some other information that was provided says, that is typical of "most" AGM batteries.

NOW......the term AGM itself refers ONLY to the material that seperates the plates inside the battery. So, nothing really prevents someone (Chinese??) from putting a little bit of the AGM material between the plates of their otherwise wet-cell batteries and CALLING them "AGM".

It appears that might be what is happening.......so if you want a "real" (good) AGM battery, you would need to read ALL of the fine print on the box AND inspect it carefully.

If it is NOT sealed and maintenance free, it could be a cheap knock-off.

(I really hope this helps clarify the situation and doesn't trigger yet another round of crap.)
Old 10-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #40
burkbuilds

The Scorpion battery is made in China for what it's worth.