Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 08-17-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Newbiker08

Jack-holes on the road.

Ok, I didn't really know how to title this thread but the other night on my way into work I ran into the first people to give me trouble for being on a motorcycle. And you know the worst part about it ? They were other bikers.

A quick note -Up till that point everyone I have encountered on the roads on a motorcycle from black to white to riding ninja's to Harleys to goldwings to scooters has been entirly polite. Chatting me up at stop lights or a friendly wave in passing. You know that Picture people have of bikers? older bald headed guys with no gear riding a big loud Harley. Those have been some of the nicest people on the road to me.

SO anyway.. at roughly 10:30 pm I am sitting at the first stop light on my short commute and I'm turning down the choke now that the bike has come up to temp, and I cant hear my bike over the sound of the 4 straight piped monster HD's that pulled up behind me. But I can hear thier laughter. They were laughing at me, and actually pointing. ( I've spent my whole life with ears that stick out and been laughed at many times , it doesn't bother me) Now I don't know if they were laughing because I was wearing full gear in SC heat. (even at that time of night it was most likely around 80 degrees), wearing my backpack, or because I was on a 250cc motorcycle. So the light turns green, I take off, not fast not trying to race or bait the people behind me, and accelerate in a timely manner so as not to interfere with the flow of traffic. I'm riding almost in the middle of the lane just out the oil(tireruts are bad bumpy in town) in the left lane, the right lane is empty. About third gear is when the four HD's passed me ON EITHER SIDE OF ME IN MY LANE!! Thats right, three wide in my lane with the lane to the right completly empty. If this had happened three weeks earlier on one of my first rides I woulda panicked and probably taken all 5 bikes down in a pile. So they blow past me and I keep some distance until I pull up behind them at the next light where they had pulled up behind a couple of cages and started reving their loud ass bikes . When the light turned green and the Cage didn't immediately move they all hit their horns (sounded like stebels to me, loud as hell) and started throwing the bird which was returned by both cage drivers. After they pulled off I waited till the light was yellow before moving on. I didn't want to be accidentally associated with those pricks by any means. They pulled in at the local bar and I headed on to work angry that 4 guys their girls and their loud pipes had made it more dangerous for me on the road, and helped to perpetuate a bad name for people who choose to drive a motorcycle. :cuss:

The more I think about it I almost wish I had wiped out and taken them down with me. I had full leather, armored gloves , steel toe boots and a full face helmet. They had t-shirts. I bet the cost of repairs for their HD's would been ALOT higher than mine for the GZ.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
LilNinja77

Very sorry to hear about it. Sadly, bikers are just like any other group of people; you get the good and the bad with no real way to filter. People like those in this story are why bikers have a bad name, they are the ones that make respectable motorcycle riders ashamed. Don't feel bad though, there are 3 differet biker bars within 5 minutes of my house, so I feel your pain. Hopefully it will be a one time thing, and you won't run back in to those morons.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 09-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
El Diablo

Re: Jack-holes on the road.

What goes around comes around. Keep your head up and do your thing and don't let some bad apples ruin your day.

The other day I saw a big fellow on a big bike passing side by side cars by going in between them on the white line. Probably scared the people in the cars to death. I just don't know what some of the people out there are thinking.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Old 09-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus

People like that should be kicked in their sensitive parts... repeatedly.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
alanmcorcoran

That totally sucks Newb. I am dressed pretty much the same way, right down to the backpack, on my way in everyday. Fortunately, the only run in I've had so far was with a car that pulled along side and shouted something (I couldn't hear) at me. (I checked, my blinker wasn't even on.) That kind of shit can pretty much set you off for the rest of the day.

I used to take a lot more shit when I was on the bicycle, and again, from people in cars. I can't tell you how many tried to "race" me off a light. Very impressive, your 5.0 liter Mustang can beat my Trek up through the gears! After a while, I only got pissed when they cut me off or threw stuff. One time I chased a guy down (took me like, six lights and a stop sign but I caught his ass.) Pulled up right on his passenger side and gave his roof a good whack. Scared the shit out of him.

I don't think I'd a tried anything with your Harley boys. I try and pretend I'm Clint Eastwood in those situations. Makes me feel better when I'm mentally picking them off, one-by-one.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Comike14

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinja77
Very sorry to hear about it. Sadly, bikers are just like any other group of people; you get the good and the bad with no real way to filter. People like those in this story are why bikers have a bad name, they are the ones that make respectable motorcycle riders ashamed. Don't feel bad though, there are 3 differet biker bars within 5 minutes of my house, so I feel your pain. Hopefully it will be a one time thing, and you won't run back in to those morons.
Ride safe
Exactly. I personally never ran into anyone like that, but I know they're out there. They do give normal bikers a bad name. They may not be a 1%er, but they ARE ass wipes.

They'll get theirs one day. They'll piss off the wrong person, and then won't do it again.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
rusty rider

When I meet butt heads like that, I put them in an imaginary airplane, take off then crash. :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
davidc83

Dont worry about it. Sooner or later Darwin's theory will be applied to those stupid bike riders and they no longer will be in the gene pool.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
Jer

Evolution moves too slowly....
Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
Water Warrior 2

A little chlorine in the gene pool please. :skull: :skull: :skull: