Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #11
Vegas Street Rider

Sorry you are having such a tough time with your bike. If your petcock is operating properly as you say, there is no way it would allow fuel to flow and drain the tank into your airbox. While you may still have issues with your carburetor, you need to address the fuel petcock issue first.

Just my two cents.

A properly functioning petcock will only allow fuel to flow freely when turned to the prime setting. In both the ON and RESERVE positions, fuel will only flow when you crank and run the motor.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Vegas Street Rider; 05-13-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #12
EddieSC

Gonna second VSR on this one. If that much fuel is flowing through the system then I'm inclined to lean towards the fuel regulation(i.e. petcock) being the source of the issue.

That amount of fuel overflow could definitely cause carburetor issues as well.
Old 05-15-2021, 03:57 PM   #13
Vegas Street Rider

You probably still have some carb issues as the fuel should stay in the bowl if the float is set right and working.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:25 PM   #14
05Qhuey

Yeah I agree, either tomorrow(Sunday 5/23) or sometime in the week I will be taking it to my friends Dad's so he can tear into it. He is going to rebuild the petcock and switch the carb with one I ordered and make sure everything is in spec. He's been working on old hondas, kawasakis, and suzukis since the 80s so it's only hoping he can figure it out. If he does figure it out I am going to be using it as a trainer bike for any friends/family, or selling it to any friend that wants to get into riding, but doesn't wanna shell the money on a nice bike they want yet just to drop it or anything bad. I did happen to get a new bike as I have needed to scratch the itch and the fore mentioned friends Dad could only let me ride his 3rd bike for so long, 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan 650s, lady likes it and we're going on our first duo ride tomorrow after A LOT of convincing and practice. I will update when everything gets installed and hopefully it's all good new, I have faith in the petcock kit being perfectly fine and the carb about a 60% hope it will work.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:30 AM   #15
05Qhuey

So I don't know how I forgot to discuss this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224405715394

This carb works, everything is identical to factory and thank god doesn't come with the plug over the A/F screw. Other news my engine is shot and I am just holding onto the bike waiting until I end up moving and having space to tear it all apart so I can just make it into a cafe or scrambler maybe. I have been talking with a friend about the chance of a gs250 motor working in the bike. Depends on what I decide to do honestly.

Tags
carburator, carburetor, fuel