Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 08-07-2021, 11:37 PM   #1
TltedJelli

Trouble wiring blinkers for bobber build

I got 2 wire blinkers that are low profile almost micro. I noticed the stock blinkers are 3 wire. 3 wires coming out each side of the headlight. Can't find a good wiring diagram for my 2006 gz250. Can anyone give me some guidance ergo a good wiring diagram for the 2006 fitting my 2 wire blinkers I bought to the 3 wire front stock or a recommendation on some 3 wire blinkers that should install more easily I could buy?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-08-2021, 03:57 AM   #2
EddieSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TltedJelli View Post
I got 2 wire blinkers that are low profile almost micro. I noticed the stock blinkers are 3 wire. 3 wires coming out each side of the headlight. Can't find a good wiring diagram for my 2006 gz250. Can anyone give me some guidance ergo a good wiring diagram for the 2006 fitting my 2 wire blinkers I bought to the 3 wire front stock or a recommendation on some 3 wire blinkers that should install more easily I could buy?
When I built my bobber, I went with some simple 3 wire LED lights for both front and back, running a simple hot/ground setup for the rear lights(the rear lights only have the turn signal option so it didn't really matter, the light only lit with the turn signal anyways.) The front of the bike wired up 3 wire like normal with the b/w wire as ground. The wiring diagrams I've been able to find have been...spotty. Gunk posted a fixed version of the diagram that's pretty good but it differed from my bike slightly. I worked around this using a voltmeter to figure out which wires had juice when the switch was going.

Best of luck on your build!