Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
music man

Re: I'm super comfortable at 50, even 55...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
... make me feel that this is not an appropriate vehicle for CA freeways (avg speed ~80.)
Guess you missed the posts here where we've said that........about a hundred times !!

Then there is the other discussion about how ANY bike is probably not appropriate for the freeways in a major city.
They don't MAKE a bike big enough for me to ride on the Interstates around Chicago, LA, New York, Atlanta, etc.

Amen brother Easy.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: I'm super comfortable at 50, even 55...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
They don't MAKE a bike big enough for me to ride on the Interstates around Chicago, LA, New York, Atlanta, etc.
I dispute you, sir.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
alanmcorcoran

Past posts....

...according to the member list, Dupo has posted over 16 million times, . If I gotta check first to see if he already said something, well, I got TV to watch and underage girls to chat up and there's only so many hours in a day. Besides, I'm pretty sure between Patrick and Jonathan, every thought that has ever occurred to mankind has already been articulated, debated and settled. We still gotta talk about something! Jer and I are newbs - don't destroy our innocence!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Past posts....

Quote:
Besides, I'm pretty sure between Patrick and Jonathan, every thought that has ever occurred to mankind has already been articulated, debated and settled.
Thanks, but I'm actually a relative n00b too.
:2tup:
Old 08-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #15
Jer

noob powers ACTIVATE!!!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #16
LilNinja77

It's simple physics that make a larger, heavier motorcycle more comfortable to ride on the superslab.....but that same bike will generally suck around town or in the twisties (compared to a lighter bike). I have to agree with Easy, to me the interstate hell just wasn't designed for motorcycles in general and that's just one place I personally don't think I'd feel very comfortable with ANY bike.....hell I avoid the interstate in my pickup, I've just never found a reason that I *have* to take the 'slab. Eh, I'm just never in too much of a hurry though, I ain't gonna die if I'm 5 minutes late to anywhere. Just my .02.

On that note though, how 'bout this old beast:

Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
Easy Rider

Re: Past posts....

Quote:
Jer and I are newbs - don't destroy our innocence!
That's part of the initiation. Take it like a man! :lol:
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
Jer

THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #19
alanmcorcoran

For us fruits and nuts...

...in Sunny California, there often isn't a non-freeway option that doesn't triple the mileage. We live where the freeway was invented and many of our main arteries are the only option to get out of the L.A. Basin. For example, I can go to Corona Motorsports in 9 miles if I go on the freeway. (My closest Suzuki dealer - in the next town.) If I avoid the freeway, I have to go through 4 other towns and do a 35 mile triangle each way. (One of the legs of which is actually a pretty sweet canyon twisty.)

It's a similar deal for going to Malibu, or Santa Barbara, or any one of a number of other popular destinations. Our part of the country is a lot newer and with the mountain ranges and their associated passes, there's just not as many options.

I *can* go to the beach (Newport, Corona, Huntington) with only a mile or two on the freeway. But I'm not really a sun and sand person. Especially not with all my riding crap on.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #20
patrick_777

The Google shows a railroad line between you and Corona, you could off-road it a little bit...