Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #21
bonehead

Re: Proper parking protocol? And gear question?

Now we know the rest of the story.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #22
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
The riding boots are double the price....... I had the same experience when I went shopping for a leather coat at Harley
And that's not only in America. Last year I went to a Harley dealer's open day. My Interstate leather jacket (retro style) had set me back €200. The equivalent jacket (& in my opinion, not as well made) in the Harley Shop was over €600, but I suppose the Harley riders needed the sewn in Harley badge so they could remember who made their bike. :lol: :lol:
Old 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
SuziQ07

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
The riding boots are double the price....... I had the same experience when I went shopping for a leather coat at Harley
And that's not only in America. Last year I went to a Harley dealer's open day. My Interstate leather jacket (retro style) had set me back €200. The equivalent jacket (& in my opinion, not as well made) in the Harley Shop was over €600, but I suppose the Harley riders needed the sewn in Harley badge so they could remember who made their bike. :lol: :lol:
That's too funny...I think you're right about those Harley people!! :lol:

Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
bonehead

Now wait just a minute! Never mind. Not going to start that crap up again. :lol:
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #25
Water Warrior 2

Harley does have some nice gear. Their products are part of a life style that some folks choose. They market their life style vigorously and happen to sell some pretty good bikes as a sideline.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #26
TheWife

What Suzi said as far as how I took the "after riding" tag. Just a sales tactic, but these in particular are extremely thin leather, lower than they looked online, no support at all. Feel safer in my fashion sneaks. It's a moot point as they're too small anyway. I'll just find a pair of sturdy Docs or cowgirl boots

I've seen jackets labeled as after riding too, guess it's just a way of saying biker style without biker protection.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #27
Water Warrior 2

Check out RedWing for boots. Lynda is happy with the boots she bought there.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #28
diffluere

I wear sneakers. I know it's unsafe but have you ever tried to walk back and forth to class in 85 degrees with a huge backpack? Not fun. I wore my boots this winter for warmth but for everyday I'll stick to my converse. Yes, I know this is not as safe, but I make bad choices like not wearing a jacket in said hot weather too. I DO always wear a fullface helmet though. Brains are the most important parts!

Harley stuff would be a LOT cooler if it didn't have harley logos all over it. They had a really nice white leather jacket I wanted but it had the huge harley crest on the back with some weird swirly tribal looking stuff. Not a fan; I'll stick to Icon and FieldSheer.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #29
frempath

I park right outside my apartment and after watching an number of knobs just about hit it while parked in the center of the space, I decided to start parking across the space next to the wheel stop. So far my observations have been that folks see the bike and stop at about the same place, but the bike is 8-10 feet farther away from them. The GZ is small enough that I can still get turned out in a standard 9 foot wide space. I've also had a couple people with really tiny cars ask to share the space. No skin off my nose, so long as I can still get out and you seem like a nice neighbor.

The older boy's GZ250 for about town.
Previous:
XJ 650
GS 450L
XJ 650
XS 650
TS 185
ATC 90
Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #30
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
Yes, I know this is not as safe, but I make bad choices like not wearing a jacket in said hot weather too.

Like Me and Sarris, and others have said, At some point in certain climates you have to start taking the real possibility of heat strokes, and just plain not paying attention to what you are doing because of the heat factor into consideration.

I wear a jacket until I just cannot take it one more day, then the second it cools off enough at the end of the summer I put it back on.