Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
alanmcorcoran

Not enough air and front wheel wobblies... All in my head?

I often feel like my front tire doesn't have enough air in it, especially when I "bump" into my driveway. I got a digital pressure gauge and checked it after filling it a bit and it was okay (that was a few weeks ago, not sure how quickly they lose air...) I chalked up my feeling to not being used to having a dual piston front shock (which I assume travels a bit when you hit a bump.)

(Do you guys use the gas station for air or a bicycle pump or something else? My gas station thing seems to let out as much air as it puts in and the gauge seems to be kind of iffy..) I used to have to pump up my bicycle tires before every ride, but they were 130 PSI and a hell of a lot smaller than these. Generally, I'm going by shape more than a gauge to check for flatness, because the effing guage lets out air too.

Today, I thought the front tire was wobbling (this was at about 40-45) but I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination. I tried looking down at the wheel, but that kind of messed up balance so I just kept feeling for it and remained vigilant (so I would be "ready" if the wheel fell off, I guess.) I don't know if it was the wind or the road surface (I've ridden over some long sections of grooved pavement, so I know what that's like - this was kind of like it, except there was no grooved pavement.)

When I got home, I checked to make sure the front wheel wasn't loose, didn't seem to be, and it seemed pretty firm. I have to find my pressure gauge to check the PSI.

Has anyone else had this sensation? Is it real or all in my head?

Login or Register to Remove Ads