Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 01-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
davidc83

Hello from Southern Indiana

Hello everybody. Just found this site and I like it.
Just bought my first bike in 30 years. Since I hadnt ridden in 30 years, decided on the little gz250 to get the old riding experience back. I love it. It goes as fast as I will ever want to go. It handles like a dream. Have a nice day and keep both tires on the ground.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Badbob

We have several retreads here. Including myself. Welcome back to riding. I got talked into getting a 1981 XS1100 for my first one when I started back riding. It scarred the hell out of me and is sitting in the garage now torn apart getting refurbished after a gas leak dumped a bunch of gas in my garage one night.. Ride the GZ250 until it begins to feel likes it limiting you and then go shopping. Unless of course you get hooked on it. Its a pretty good commuter bike unless you are one of those poor souls who need to ride the super slabs to get to work. It gets great gas millage particularly if you ride it conservatively. My wife has come within a few tenths of a gallon getting 90 mpg.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
davidc83

I ride the superslabs to work, I can ride 2 lane highways, if I want to take 1.5 hr to get to work, I would still need to cross the Ohio river on a superslab though, even taking the long way, but I plan on riding it to work at least 2-3 times a month, as soon as this damn cold spell snaps. Wouldnt you know it, we had 30+ days above 55 degress for the December and January. I buy the bike, and bingo, next day, it is colder than a witches tit and no break in site. I did ride the other night though. 42 degrees-put on my snow-mobile suit, insulated cowhide gloves, my 3/4 helmet with full face shield and rode the country roads for an hour. GREAT!!!!!.

Login or Register to Remove Ads