Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #11
JIBTEXHNKA

Send a message via AIM to JIBTEXHNKA
i don't really have a lot of shiny painted metal surface that i can mess around with... maybe i'll pick up a cheap broken fender or something and practice on it.

nice avatar, by the way

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBTEXHNKA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob

Practice on some thing until you get the finish quality you want. Don't even touch your tank until your sure. Its not reversible.

do you mean "something" that isn't part of the bike? or something that isn't the tank? i don't think you mean to say that the plastic parts ARE reversible if i screw up but i'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.

thanks for the help, though. i want it to look good.
Practice on can, a box or a piece of sheet metal anything but you bike. Read some books on how to do it would not hurt. A leaking tank from a salvage yard would be a good thing to practice on.

Not reversible means once you start sanding your bike you are committed. You can't unsand it. Same for the paint.

Also you either need to remove all the paint and start from scratch or find out what type of paint is on the bike and what you have to do to paint over it.

You probably will not get near as good a paint job as you have now but it could happen. If you mess it up and then try to sell the bike its going to cost you.