Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #11
Orpheus

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
Depends what you mean by "superior" I think.
Hmmmm. Don't really care for that tone, thank you. :cuss:

It pains me that the "government" in this so-called free country thinks it is necessary to tell mature adults what they can and can not do, over and above the laws necessary for an orderly society, that is. And I certainly don't need other individuals trying to do that.

So, ride your bike like you want and I will do the same.......but I will not call your intelligence into question if you elect to do it differently than I.......and I'd appreciate it if you would give me the same courtesy.
I agree and disagree with you here.
The government's job in any society should be to make itself obsolete, whereby the general populace has the ability to make a rational and informed decision without the intervention of the government at all (some sort of a global anarchy seems that it should be the goal of all governments, I think). I am completely against most laws similar to the helmet and seatbelt requirements (I'm also for the legalization of all drugs and prostitution, but that's a topic for another thread), but at the same time, any informed and rational driver/rider should see that the chances of serious injury drastically decrease when wearing a helmet or seatbelt and make his/her decision accordingly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads