Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 03-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Jordan310

Does anybody ...

Even reply much on this board? :sad:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Bill

On occasion. What have you got to tell us? Have any good trips lately?

Cheers!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Well, for alot of us its still winter. Not too much going on unfortunately. Start a thread and give us snowbirds something to talk about.

Alot of what i have going on, has to do with my spirit ... so i am not much help unless you want to talk about a lowering kit and fork extensions

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 03-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
Jordan310

Ill talk about the lowering kit and fork extends easy if if was for the GZ250. =)
Old 03-17-2007, 02:01 AM   #5
Dupo

If it were for the GZ, i bet 1/2 of you would have them both installed already LOL. Its really too bad they dont have custom parts like that for the GZ. I wouldnt mind seeing a choppered 250cc

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 03-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Jordan310

Im kind of pissed and yet intrigued.
I got a frickin speeding ticket, .. pulled over on the freeway here in L.A. and the cop clocked me doing 80Mph on my little 250.

Hmm.. I was like .. mannn....

But then I actually looked him in the face, and said. Well, at least I can tell the guys on the net that I hit 80 on flat ground on this thing.
He laughed.

DOH.

Now to tell the wife ... hmm ... maybe not. :tongue:
Old 03-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #7
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Alot of what i have going on, has to do with my spirit ... so i am not much help unless you want to talk about a lowering kit and fork extensions
OK, my wife is looking around for the future and one of the bikes I suggested she look at among others is a 750. I just lowered my C50 a little using "bones" to see if she would fit it but the frame is a little big.

How is the 750 lowered? When asking at the dealers I get various responses on different makes and models of bikes including having to swap out shocks at a big cost.

I'd also be interested in your impressions as well as pros and cons of the 750.

Cheers!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
Dupo

Well the dealers want you to spend 250.00 on progressive shocks, thats why they suggest that. I lowered mine with a lowering kit from Scootworks.com (my kit ran 124 bucks) - all it is, is a little metal mount that bolts to your existing shock mount (on the bottom) and the shock rebolts to this mount. It changes the angle of the shock, thus changing the height of the rear of the bike. Notch up the stiffness of the shocks to 3 or above and you are good to go. No need for progressive short shocks. That is, of course, you want to go a little lower and have a better ride.

The problem with scootworks is, they dont make those lowering kits for all bikes. So you might have to go with progressive shocks. Scootworks sells them at a decent price.

The spirit 750 has the same seat height of the GZ @ 26".

Pros of the 750-
Its got plenty of power when you need it. Its also not SO powerful that a female couldnt handle it (infact, its often called a girls bike by those who own the 1100s lol, jerks). Its smooth riding, smooth shifting and is a great bike to ride. Another pro is the huge aftermarket support for it. Theres nothing you cant do with this bike with all the accessories out for it. She says she needs something for it, you will have no problem finding it (extensions, diff handlebars, risers, hiway bars, engine guards etc). First thing i suggest is getting a new seat! Its very low center of gravity makes it a breeze to ride and handle. Since it is for your wife, i would recommend it. I have seen many many women who own the spirit 750 and love it. You can also lower the front and rear cheaply if she needs it. Need more take off ability? Theres a hypercharger and jet kit available through cobra that increases HP by 8% and torque by 5%. Not much by numbers, but definetly felt when you get on it.

Cons of the 750-
The seat, as with many bikes, is uncomfortable. I recommend getting an aftermarket corbin or mustang seat for comfort. The brake light 'box' is ugly. Most all spirit owners toss it and opt for the cateye brake light. Older models are chain driven and the new 07s are shaft drive. Us older model owners got the 'shaft' on that deal lol.

Other than that, i have no complaints about the spirit 750. I absolutely love this bike. Wish i could get a 2nd one to turn into a slammed chopper/bobber

If you want more info check out http://www.hondashadow.net read through their forums.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan310
I got a frickin speeding ticket, .. pulled over on the freeway here in L.A. and the cop clocked me doing 80Mph on my little 250.

But then I actually looked him in the face, and said. Well, at least I can tell the guys on the net that I hit 80 on flat ground on this thing.
He laughed.

DOH.

LOL at you telling him you can now say it hit 80 on flat ground. Now thats funny! Although, i would have argued that its only a 250cc and you couldnt squeeze 80 out of it if you tried unless going down a hill with a tail wind :lol:

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan310

He laughed.

DOH.

LOL at you telling him you can now say it hit 80 on flat ground. Now thats funny! Although, i would have argued that its only a 250cc and you couldnt squeeze 80 out of it if you tried unless going down a hill with a tail wind :lol:
I'd go to court and argue using exactly that point.

I managed to hit 80 on mine once and it was going down hill with a tail wind.