Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 03-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

It is a good day

Yes it is definitely a good day, especially for riding. :2tup: But alas, no riding yet. The Vstrom is parked beside the cage with many body panels and accessories in the back seat. Gonna be a few days to put it all together. The 250 is in the living room awaiting a headlite modulator and windshield. The really great part is we have the shield and the modulator arrives later today. Now I just wonder how long HappyHobo can hold off re-insuring the 250 for the season. I know she is chompin at the bit to get out there and ride.
A quick glance at the Spitfire shield. Looks pretty good size wise for the 250 and should be an easy install. Can't badmouth the price either even with exchange tallied in. No GST or PST to shell out to the government. That takes a big bite out of the postal fee. I do not know what the criteria is for the tax situation but I won't complain if the suppliers can send stuff tax free and just add the postage. That's my kind of purchase.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Well that was just too easy. I am done with Happy's bike for a while. The Diamond Star headlight modulator actually fits inside the headlight shell. That is a real bonus from my view point. Totally self contained with only the light sensor wire coming out into the world. Actually got the Combo pack with the head and tail light mods(tail light unit is for Vstrom) from RideSafer.com for 87.91 + shipping to the GWN. Not a bad price overall for safety items that really might save your life.
Installed the shield too. Piece of cake. Looks good and makes the bike just so damn cute. Now just get it on the road Happy.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Cool man. I want one of those modulators, but i have zero room in my headlight.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 03-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

I also thought there was zero room and was surprised to find it would fit. The wires are long enough to allow the modulator to be mounted elsewhere on the front end if the headlight shell is too small. Get the unit and surely you can find a small area to mount it on.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
happyhobo

on the road

Well folks "maudie" is lookin' good....according to WW all i need now are white wall !!!! not to mention a licence and insurance. I am really anxious to give it a ride.in the fall all i got to fo were figure 8's and stops and starts but i am even anxious to do even that again. I feel like a kid at Christmas....counting days..only 26 till course starts...April 23....I expect all fingers and toes to be crossed on this forum while i am taking the course....OK !!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #6
Dupo

lol. I am scheduled for the MSF on the 16th of April. I am a month and a half away from my permit running out lol. I need that M on my license quick! Was gonna take the course last year but they are so booked its not funny. Even tried to get in the DMV to just run the circles and figure 8 and get my M but they are also booked up. Luckily i hit on an open spot for april with the MSF course. After 10 months on the road experience, most of the class is going to be pretty boring. But it gets my M stamp

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
happyhobo

WOW....you can ride without and experienced rider with you on your learners?? Not so here...you have to have MSF before you can ride on your own....then it is retricted
Old 03-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
Dupo

Yea, you have to just pass a 20 question knowledge test at the DMV then you get your learners permit. You can ride for a year then either take the MSF class to get your license or go back to the DMV and do a few left/right circles and a figure 8 and your good to go. No need to ride with a licensed rider at all. Only restrictions are you must wear a helmet and no riding at night. But i dont listen well and have done both. I ride at night ALL the time. After you pass the DMV or MSF course you get your full M license and have the option of not wearing a helmet and unrestricted riding.

Before last year, we could just go pay 10 bucks for a permit then take the DMV/MSF test to get your license. Or, what most people did was just keep paying 10 bucks every year and not get the M. There are guys i know that have been riding on permits for 20 years lol. Last year the DMV figured this out and you now have ot pay 10 bucks AND 20 question test. And it also costs more to extend or renew a permit. Everyone figured out that paying 10 dollars a year was cheaper than having an actual M stamp which was 20 dollars a year lol, so PA changed it.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook