10-20 miles 3 4.17%
20-50 miles 4 5.56%
50-100 miles 8 11.11%
100-200 miles 6 8.33%
200 miles + 18 25.00%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #51
supersquid

First Woops: Test Drive. I was rear ended and laid it down. Not the most fun, and it was a hit-and-run so there was little I could do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #52
Water Warrior 2

Ouch !!!! Any injuries ??
Old 03-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #53
gz250dude

Ouch sorry to hear about that. Getting rear ended is one of my biggest fears commuting everyday over these past 8 years on my bikes. So far I've been lucky and avoided the few close calls of people skidding up behind me.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #54
Dayrider

First I just want to say thank you for all the help getting my bike running and on the road

I got my permit today and went out riding with one of my buddies everything went very good the whole trip . got a little experience with a lot of the stuff I've been reading about finally!... When I got home I parked it in the dirt lot where I normally park my car got off and started walking away and !crash! wtf was so upset with myself ... Broke my clutch lever and scratched up the end of the handlebar a little bit but that's it... And I'm still smiling lol
Old 04-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #55
Water Warrior 2

You have now worn off the new and made the bike yours.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:38 AM   #56
haraldduus

Wink Not yet and hope keep it like that.

Trying hard to avoid cars, trucks, old ladys and what else that wil ruin my day.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:07 PM   #57
chandlerbingfl

08/22/2015 front end washed out in gravel....

Pretty banged up, was stupid as I wasn't wearing my gear.. I just though it's 5 minutes to the store and 5 minutes back. Right turn into the parking lot, front end washed out, wound up with nasty road rash, fractured elbow, 5+ weeks in a sling and after all that dealing with severe nerve damage affecting the right thumb and forefinger....

I'll never ride without my gear again.... I'm not saying the gear would have prevented all that but I do believe it would have limited some of what I'm going through...

chandlerbingfl
Old 10-04-2015, 04:45 AM   #58
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl View Post
Pretty banged up, was stupid as I wasn't wearing my gear.. I just though it's 5 minutes to the store and 5 minutes back. Right turn into the parking lot, front end washed out, wound up with nasty road rash, fractured elbow, 5+ weeks in a sling and after all that dealing with severe nerve damage affecting the right thumb and forefinger....

I'll never ride without my gear again.... I'm not saying the gear would have prevented all that but I do believe it would have limited some of what I'm going through...

chandlerbingfl
Ouch, that is a heavy price to pay for a safety oops. Hope the right arm heals up properly and allows you to ride as soon as can be.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #59
Vegas Street Rider

Safety First

Lots of riders in the Vegas Valley wearing no safety gear most of the time except for the required helmet. Most say it is too hot to wear here during the summer. Our safety instructor had a saying. If it is too hot to wear safety gear it is probably too hot to ride.

I always wear my gear, year around. Saved my bacon and my life on two occasions. I would rather sweat than go through skin grafting, etc.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #60
ogsurfindry

I passed my learners test 2 weeks ago and had my first woops last night. Riding round some country roads and cam into a corner too hot and ended up in the ditch, luckily I managed to slow down before the ditch so just got a bit of mud on me, thankfully no damage to me or the bike, apart from me feeling stupid! It's nice to read I'm not the only one out there having a woops moment early in their biking life, thanks guys