Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Forum News & Support

Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
mrlmd1

Re: I have 2 problems (or 3)

I don't know what the font size is on my screen but it's larger than the print in my newspaper
and easier to read. Is the font size the problem? Maybe if you can make your font a size or two
smaller you could read my messages without scrolling to the end of the screen.
I'll keep sending them this wide instead of letting the computer use the whole line.

If "The message was totally readable that time but the "quote button" is still 2 screens that way >>>,"
then I am sure either your font size is too big or you should adjust your monitor to a
smaller image if the quote button on the screen is way off out of view on the right.
Is this with everyone's posts you view or just mine? When you log on to this website do all the
message boxes have the quote box way off to the right 2 screens away?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
If "The message was totally readable that time but the "quote button" is still 2 screens that way >>>,"
then I am sure either your font size is too big or you should adjust your monitor to a
smaller image if the quote button on the screen is way off out of view on the right.
Is this with everyone's posts you view or just mine? When you log on to this website do all the
message boxes have the quote box way off to the right 2 screens away?
No, it is just yours....or to be more precise, some peoples messages hang over the page by maybe 10%
but yours hang over by 200%. I can't make my font 200% smaller or I can hardly SEE it, much less read it.
To put this into perspective, the first line of my response (starting with No, an ending with 10%) is
about 9 inches long; on a 13 inch wide monitor, it goes about 3/4 the way across.

I can't really measure it but I estimate the message space that your messages create to be about 30 INCHES wide.

Hopefully someone else will chime in for an even better perspective.........or maybe they are all just getting too good
a laugh at seeing me flail around helplessly !!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #13
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

I have NO problems reading anyones posts in this thread. Nothing over runs at ALL

And to answer the original question, after re reading it several times ...... when you click a smiley, it generates a code ... not the actual smiley in your reply box. After you click submit the smiley shows up.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #14
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
I have NO problems reading anyones posts in this thread. Nothing over runs at ALL
Ditto.

It maybe a browser compatibility issue. I use Opera (ver 9.51 currently) in a virtual session of XP SP3, and it all works just fine. If people having issues could post browser and OS versions I can test them. At my desk I've got 2 PCs with multiple browsers each, a near infinate number of Virtual PCs I could setup, a PC laptop, and 7 Macs with various operating systems, and a Macbook. I'm pretty sure I can duplicate what anyone's got... except for Linux. I don't bother with linux.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #15
Sarris

Everybodys post on this topic (only) are coming out 3 screen wide for me as well. There is a slide bar at the bottom that goes for miles. Also, the edit button is a mile away after posing as well. What gives? I'm using IE7, maybe it's a setting problem?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #16
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

In this topic alone??

Weird.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
Sarris

Yeah, only this one. Also, when I reply, the reply box is a mile wide as well. But on page two it's normal sized. WTF??
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #18
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus

I know what part of the problem is. The first code box in in Dupo's first post on page one is 10 bajillion feet wide. That may be part of the issue. I will attempt to duplicate it here:

Code:
 blah blah blah stuff with words more words etc etc etc
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
Magnar Infectus

Ok that one just fills the screen. Lets try it with more text:

Code:
blah blah blah stuff with words more words etc etc etcblah blah blah stuff with words more words etc etc etcblah blah blah stuff with words more words etc etc etc Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #20
Magnar Infectus

Hmm that one just fills the screen too. Maybe it's the exact content of that code box.
Let's test that:
Code:
 :twisted:  :biggrin:  :skull:  :cool:  :skeptical:  :roll:  :)  :tongue:  :shocked:  :neener: O_o  :whistle:  :rawk:  :2tup:  :lol:  :cry:  :??:  :retard:  :crackup  :crazy:  :haha2:  :blush:  
:yawn:  :cuss:  :puke:  :drool:  :mad:  :yes:  :curse:  :yawn:  :bow:  ;)  :tup:  :tdown:  
:sad:  :oops:  :plus1:  :jawdrop:  :redflip:  :smallrawk:  :bong:  :wow:  :fu:  :bang:  :jo:  
:pissed:  :smoke:  :pimpdaddy:  :ride:  :crash:  :pwhore:  :pics:  :crutches:  :horse:  :haha:  
:banana:  :chop:

*edit that did it. There's something in the text itself.

*edit 2. I put in return to force the ends of the "words"
It won't be 1000000 miles wide now.