Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #21
Kallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
You don't want to know how many liters it takes to get my Ford Ranger 300 kms down the road.
My guess is somewhere between "a whole lot" and "are you freaking kidding?!?"

Nah, with the gas prices here, a car like that would get you to bankruptcy faster than to work..

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-27-2015, 12:13 AM   #22
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallum View Post
My guess is somewhere between "a whole lot" and "are you freaking kidding?!?"

Nah, with the gas prices here, a car like that would get you to bankruptcy faster than to work..
Being retired and not driving to a job daily is sure nice. Having a small truck that is paid off is even nicer. 27/28 mpg in Canadian gallons is not really good or bad. The Ranger is 8 years old with 65,000 kilometers on it so it will last almost forever. I would have to be deranged/retarded to spend another 25,000 or 30,000 bucks to get better mileage with a small car. I would never be able to justify a new vehicle with my present life style. Economic sense comes with old age and wisdom I guess.

When in my 20's I averaged a new car every 11 months because I had to have the latest and greatest set of wheels available. Then I bought a full size van and had it 10 years. Then a truck, another van, another 3 trucks with one car in the mix.They were all a more satisfying ride(except the car) as long as no one was moving and only had a car to haul stuff. I have been happy with trucks and vans and they are easier to drive too. My 1st car should have been a truck.