Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
bbrian017

Thumbs Up What's up from Canada

Hello and nice to meet everyone. This is my first Bike, I don't even have my m1 yet lol. 2000 Suzuki Marauder Gz250 Red, 11,000km mint condition really. Lady driven all highway miles.

p.s. how many km's do you have on your Suzuki Marauder Gz250?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23191993_10154859028895925_793924412_o.jpg (90.8 KB, 5 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

Welcome bbrian017. Hope you enjoy your GZ as much as the rest of us have/do. I just hit 17,200 miles on my '09. Great daily commuter and street cruiser. Enjoy and ride safe.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #3
blaine

Welcome to the family.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Welcome to the best little forum on the net. We have some really good folks here and a wealth of info to help in the care and feeding of your bike. Many folks have upgraded to larger bikes but still come back HOME to this site.
As a suggestion for your safety and riding pleasure I always recommend a proper riding course from a professional instructor and reading a copy of Proficient Motorcycling. I finally did that myself after decades of riding and my skills and pleasure were amazing after that. It is the cheapest health insurance you can buy. Your Guardian Angel will thank you.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #5
bbrian017

I will 100% be taking the riding course program here locally, my sister and her husband also recommend it and said it was an amazing program. Thanks for the warm welcomes. Spent the night changing oil, oil filter and spark plug. Man what a fun toy. Next I'll be changing the air filter. It's winter here in Canada soon so I will be working on my M1 as the snow flies and ice fishing starts. I imagine it's best to take the written test, get your M1 and then take the riding course?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian017 View Post
I will 100% be taking the riding course program here locally, my sister and her husband also recommend it and said it was an amazing program. Thanks for the warm welcomes. Spent the night changing oil, oil filter and spark plug. Man what a fun toy. Next I'll be changing the air filter. It's winter here in Canada soon so I will be working on my M1 as the snow flies and ice fishing starts. I imagine it's best to take the written test, get your M1 and then take the riding course?
Glad you mentioned the air filter. Something to remember is the air flow is from the inside to the outside of the filter. You will see that the inside of the filter is dirtier than the outside. This also means you can't just drill holes in the filter box to allow more air into the system. Doing that will allow dirty air to go directly to the carb and then to the engine.