Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
Goose

Another FNG with a GZ250

Like the title says, I'm an f'n new guy with a GZ250. Just picked up a used 06' for a decent deal and am looking forward to a lot of time on it. It has about 500 miles on it so far and I just did the 600 mile oil change. I'm sure I'll do a few things to make it unique to me, but really the only thing I'm worried about is getting enough torque out of it to get up the big hills around here. I really don't care if I ever get over about 68 on the thing. I'm not scared to tear into just about anything on the bike, so a few mods and re-jetting may be in my future... we'll see. Looking forward to working on it and reporting to everyone, as well as hearing about what everyone else is doing. :yes:
-Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
JWR

Re: Another FNG with a GZ250

Ride it like you stole it!!!!

Welcome aboard.

Jerry

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
JWR

There is a lot of good info on this site.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 04-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
mr. softie

Hi there, Durango is a great place to be a biker. As for the mountains, use fourth gear and wind that puppy out!
Old 04-22-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
alantf

I live up in the mountains. Every time I go home I have to ride up the mountain. No problems. Like the man said - give it some revs, & up it goes.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
I live up in the mountains. Every time I go home I have to ride up the mountain. No problems. Like the man said - give it some revs, & up it goes.
Hey Alan, on what part of Tenerife do you live? It looks like an outstanding place to get away from the world.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
alantf

I live up in the north. I actually live in a village called La Perdoma. It's about 3 km from the town of La Orotava, which is a quaint old town much frequented by tourists looking for the "real Spain" They say that up here it's springtime all the year round. It's totally different to the hot, dry, dusty "concrete canyons" that have sprung up in the south to cater for the "lager louts" One of the best things about living out here is the totally laid back local population. I've been in one of the local shops when a pensioner has come in & bought ONE EGG, & the assistant has then leant over & had a long chat before even thinking of serving the next customer. From our balcony we can see Mount Teide, the volcano which dominates the island. It feels as though you could reach out & touch it, but, because of the winding road, it's about an hour's ride away. The only down side is the "maƱana" attitude, but you can't change that, so you just have to grin & bear it (mind you, I bet my blood pressure's lower than it's ever been.)
Not one single regret about moving here. The scenery's marvellous, & the folks are so friendly.