Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo chicken
guess it's off to download the manual and figure out how to take off the seat!
Is this a GZ you are talking about?
Maybe I missed something but if you need a manual to figure out how to remove the seat (front or back) on a GZ250, you have NO business wrenching on the bike at all !!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
turbo chicken

seriously are you that close minded to think everyone knows their way around a bike... yes you did miss a little... first bike... never wrenched on one... never been around on in a capacity that would have given me prior knowledge to pull a seat off... :roll:

#1 never been around bikes much... i rode the neighbors dirt bike when i was younger but that's about it!!! O_o
#2 I'm very mechanically inclined i've been repairing small engines and cars for as long as i could remember. :rawk:
#3 I have have completed some vocational training that i think would qualify me wo do general maintainence on a bike. :cool:
I know working on cars or even mabey working in an automotive shop as a tech may not make me an expert on a bike... but the principles are the same.
Let me apologize for being a complete noob about my first real contact with a streetbike... :oops:

and finally for the record ... Easy Rider is a meanie!! :tongue: :mad: :tongue:

Because we don't know eachother verywell... this was meant in a very sarcastic manner... i would have used a bunch of smilies to try and show the sarcasm but i hadn't quite figured it out yet and really no offense taken... :tongue:

I'm going to have more tools than can fit under the sean anyhow... guess i'll be looking for a toolbag to put on the forks also

-------
*edit i figured out the smilies
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
Rudeboy

actually its quite common that you could not figure out how to remove the seat
we had a guy join our Vulcan group and could not figure out haw to remove the seat because there is no keyhole
thats because the vulcan seat is held on by a bolt because most times it is not necessary to remove the seat
where as on the GZ the tool kit and storage is under the seat as well as the helmet locks

so I can see where your confusion came from.
Orangeville, Ontario.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #14
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo chicken
never been around on in a capacity that would have given me prior knowledge to pull a seat off... :roll:
OK, so maybe I was a little harsh, so let's start over. :oops:

To get the front seat off, you put the key in the lock hole on the side cover just below the seat and turn it until you hear a little "pop" and the seat is loose.

NOW.........that you have the front seat off, if you can't figure out that the rear comes off with 3 simple bolts, then you are not NEAR the mechanic that you think you are !!! :tongue:

It's good not to dig too deeply without a manual, but most stuff is pretty easy and obvious...........for someone with YOUR excellent qualificatons, that is! :roll:
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Be nice boys :cool:

We get new people in here all the time and it's great that they join. We don't want to scare them off.

That being said, Turbo, the first thing that is usually suggested to any newcomer on this site is that they download the service manual and familiarize themselves it and with some of previous posts in the maintenance section and the how-to section. That way, we don't get bogged down with the same questions over and over.

Now, back to the topic, the factory tool kit comes in a black plastic bag and rests on a on top of the black plactic "storage" bin that is located under the seat. If it's not there, you're not missing much. The factory tools are pretty useless and a quick trip to the store or your own personal garage can turn up some better quality stuff.

If you are looking for a way to keep tools all nice and tidy and don't want to spend much money, just buy some 4-6" PVC pipe and some end caps. Paint the pipe some happy color and keep in the space that was originally taken by the "storage" bin. You can keep you tools and some rags in there.

I wouldn't suggest those Cruz tools that you were looking at simply because they seem very overpriced just because they carry the "motorcycle tools" title. It's the same with bicycle tools. Some normal tools work fine.

After I get home this evening, I'll take at look at what I have in there and we can discuss what you'll "need" to have in an everyday tool kit.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
turbo chicken

oh no... i won't be buying their tool kits ... but i'll use their sets as a starting place to figure out what to get from the pawn shop... i have a set that i use for my car... but i'm not breaking those up to keep on the bike ... those is my babies...

i do like the cruz multitool though... cause "i don't have one of those"

i'll do some research tomorrow and see what i can figure out for common sizes hex wrenches sockets don't really want to carry more than i have to.. i got plenty of zip ties and bailing wire, duct tape