Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
todreamalife

New Member from British Columbia

Hey Guys,

This forum is so great I am really glad I found you guys. My husband gave me my GZ250 2001 to learn to ride on shortly after we met. He is a born and bred motorcycle man. I thought this was a great bike to learn to ride on. The bike and I have had a bit of a love/hate relationship lately with breakdowns and all but I am hoping we can make it through the tough times.

Drea

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: New Member from British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by todreamalife
My husband gave me my GZ250 2001 to learn to ride on shortly after we met.
Welcome!

It's a great little bike. Hang in there, eh?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Hi Drea, always glad to have another Canadian rider in the ranks. Where in B.C. ?? What does hubby ride ??
The SO, Happy Hobo rides a 2006 GZ and just loves it. I tend to get my smiles on a VStrom 650. Get the bugs ironed out of the bike and enjoy it. I strongly suggest rider training for anyone on 2 wheels. Starting out with good habits will make the ride much safer and enjoyable. We attended the V-Twin school in Abbotsford and it was great. Happy as a newbie and myself as an experienced rider. Had to break a lot of bad habits first so I could learn good ones. Ride safe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
todreamalife

Beautiful British Columbia

Currently Kelowna, but have bounced around quite a bit. Hubby had a 954 Honda CBR when he bought me the bike. Said he didn't want me riding on the back and I was going to have to learn. Bought me a helmet and sent me to the course. (With these motorcycle guys the bike if part and parcel) Hubby switched to a KLR 650 though and is planning a long road trip. He wants to take me but says no way unless I spend the summer practicing. That's why I'm on the forum, trying to get the bike running and get advice from more experienced riders.

I am very interested in taking some more classes. I bought the book Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough and I have found that very helpful, especially the part about how likely I was to die if I didn't get some rider training and the suggestions for practice excercises. I'll look up the V-twin school that would be great.

To be honest I hardly have any time under my belt, the bike has been broken or unridable nearly the whole time I have owned it. I am resolved to get on two wheels this summer. (Safely)

Thanks for the welome. You guys are really encouraging.