Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Miscellaneous

Old 11-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Bill

Riding leather

I didn't know where else to post this. I wrote this for another forum but thought you all might like to know about this vender. I am very impressed with his quality and prices. Customer service is first class too. Here is what I had to say.

I just received my order for chaps for my wife and I plus a braided leather jacket for myself from cyclesportsleather.com and had to post some comments about the products and service.
Jay was great to work with. After looking at a variety of chaps locally we wanted something a little more comfortable than the stiff leather and shiney finishes that we found. I emailed and latter called to talk with Jay who was very accomodating and prompt with return calls. We special ordered his highest quality zipper pocket chaps for just a few more dollars than the standard chaps he sells. The dollars were well spent. Just what we were looking for. Mine fit great - even the length so no cutting there. My wife is short so a couple of snaps will have to go. She was very happy with the comfort.
The braided leather jacket is well worth the price. I really don't think I could find better at twice the price or even more. At first I was just going to get the chaps since I didn't need another jacket. But after reading the response from other members and reading the return policy I thought it was worth the chance. There is no way this jacket is going back!
Here is what I sent to Jay after receiving the package. If you are in the market I highly recommend giving him a call.

Cheers!

Jay,

The package was at the front door when we got home last night. I opened it up immediately and we tried on the naked leather (your best quality) chaps. Wow! Are they soft and comfortable. I have never worn chaps before so I’m not sure of how they should fit but they seem to fit well. There is a little extra room in the thigh so they don’t fit tight. I would think that would be a good thing. (?) The length on mine was perfect without having to cut any off. My wife is short so I had her sit on her bike with her feet on the pegs and then I measured where they would come to just the top of her boots. Very pleased with the comfort and nice to have soft leather instead of the hard finish I see on some in the leather shops for the same price. It even had an expandable leather area on the inner thigh that I usually see on the more expensive chaps.

The jacket is beautiful. I was not going to buy anything but the chaps since I have 2 new jackets already and I really didn’t need to spend more money. One is mesh and the other is textile for the colder months (I haven’t even taken off the tags from that one to wear it yet.) Well, it looks like it will have to wait a little longer because as soon as the temperature drops a little – maybe this weekend – I’ll be putting on the leather jacket from cyclesportsleather.com . I’m glad I made the purchase. If I have to eat more beans for dinner the next few weeks to balance the family budget that will be just fine with me. It will be more than worth it. The jacket is better than I imagined. The leather is soft and pliable. The finish has a nice low luster sheen instead of the typical shiny hard finish I see on many. It is a nice alternative between the sparkle stud, chrome buckle, shoulder epaulets, Marlin Brando, 50’s biker jacket and the smoother more modern racing style jacket. The leather is top quality. The finish is beautiful. The understated brass zippers add style without overpowering the design. There are plenty of pockets. It has a nice warm zip out liner with a flip up neck cover. (Time to take a breath here) I can understand why it has been your choice to wear.

I’ll be sure to make a post to VolusiaRiders.com . Always glad to support a members business.

Thank you for all your help (extra emails and phone calls) in making the purchase and for providing such a great value and the best customer service.

:2tup: :2tup: :2tup:

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #2

DELETED

Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Bill, sounds like you are a very happy camper. Just for my own curiousity, does the jacket have any armour in it ??

Old 04-19-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
Bill

No armour but nice quality and thick leather. He is having a $10 off sale on jackets for members of VolusiaRiders.com (mainly Suzuki C50 riders) until Fri. Lots of good info on that forum too. Free to join and will get you a good price on the jacket.

Cheers!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
Sarris

Hey Girls

There is a nice used Banana Republic black leather womans jacket in size medium on e-bay for a $10 starting bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BANANA-REPUBLIC-...QQcmdZViewItem

Ran across it while browsing and thought I'd give y'all a heads up. Only one day and a few hours left. This would be a great buy for $10