Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #11
LilNinja77

Nice second bike .

Quote:
The '08 is really a vast improvement over the older models
Really, that depends on what you want to USE the bike for. The older model is far more utilitarian than the new model, but the new model looks more "hip" and "up to date" so it's selling like hotcakes. For example, Patrick made reference to the GZ actually being easier to carry stuff on than with the 08 Ninja......that wouldn't be the case with the older model. The debate over which is better has been beat to death, revived a couple times, and had its' zombie corpse beat to death again over on the ninja250 forum. Honestly neither is "better", they really are just different bikes and different people are attracted to each and will likely use them for different reasons. Personally, I don't much care for the redesigned model. Nothing wrong with them, just not my cup O tea. Regardless, finding one at a decent price these days is a nice accomplishment given how scarce they are. Patrick, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

On another note, and not trying to jack the thread, but I'm actually selling my 07 Ninja 250 right now. The potential buyer has asked for a hold of a couple weeks in order to get his next paycheck so he can actually pay me in cash. Will see how it goes and will let ya'll know.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinja77
Patrick, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?
PM'd you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinja77
The potential buyer has asked for a hold of a couple weeks in order to get his next paycheck so he can actually pay me in cash. Will see how it goes and will let ya'll know.
Just a bit of unsolicited advice here and also not to derail the thread, but I wouldn't do this unless he pays you a hefty deposit to hold it, and also sign a contract (notarized of course) saying that half of it is non-refundable if he doesn't seal the deal later. If not, you're actually losing money holding up a sale with a money-in-hand buyer.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #13
LilNinja77

PM'd you back as well.

On the potential sale, yes I know, I've thought about it and after talking to this guy pretty extensively; I'm going to go out on a limb and trust him. Who knows, it could come back to bite me in the ass, I suppose only time will tell that. All of the other interested parties so far have either neglected to return my communications, or have just been eliminated due to other reasons, so at the moment at least it's of no inconvenience to myself. He already knows that if someone comes up in the meantime, that he will need to put a deposit down.

Anyway, off that topic, nice find and nice buy with your new bike!
Ride safe

Old 08-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #14
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

nice pick up Patrick. If nothing else, the new Ninjas get a boat load of aftermarket support, just cause it looks cooler.
I'd say you're only a few hundred miles away from selling your GZ.

There. I said it first.

I assume you're already hanging out over on the Ninja250 forums.
I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #15
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
I'd say you're only a few hundred miles away from selling your GZ.
There. I said it first.
We'll see. I'm still not going anywhere from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
I assume you're already hanging out over on the Ninja250 forums.
I'll keep an eye out for you.
I really haven't simply because the forum interface really sucks. I'm not a fan.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
LilNinja77

Quote:
I really haven't simply because the forum interface really sucks. I'm not a fan.
Haha, everyone says that at first........honestly, it's the best forum format I've ever used. People are always asking if they will change it to phpBB.......but it already is phpBB. It's just been hacked to be the way it is. Big piece of advice for navigating over there:
In your personal settings, change the thread-view option, and use the "topics by date" button as it makes things easier to keep track of. Oh, and the next-gen forum over there is where the vast majority of the stupidity is this summer, just a flood of babies asking the same damn questions over and over and over and over, as a result it's where more of the "ugliness" seems to be focused.

And by all means, save yourself the grief and check the FAQ and use the search button(s) before asking anything.....let's just say it's gently encouraged :tongue:
Ride safe

Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
patrick_777

I will probably just stick around here exclusively.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #18
music man

And also you were saying how rare the 08 ninjas are around there. They are rare everywhere right now, unless you want to pay through the nose. When they first came out they had a waiting list a mile long, my buddy that got one, a friend of his saw it went immediately to the Kawasaki dealership where they told him to get in line. His buddy bought the last one they had and they did not know when they could get more.

The combination of the new styling and the price of gas at the time of its release made for a perfect storm for the "new ninja".

Later
Old 08-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #19
LilNinja77

Quote:
I will probably just stick around here exclusively.
Honestly, you'll probably enjoy things more that way. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the ninja forum, but it's a completely different animal. Things are much more relaxed and friendly over here IMO.
Ride safe

Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #20
Graydog

Ok Lilninja....where does that quote come from. Gotta know.