Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
northsidegz

1984 Honda Goldwing converted to Electric

Thought you guys might like this....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...432325229.html

Looks pretty nice to me! Here is what the owner/poster has to say about it on Craigslist:

Quote:
This is a unique motorcycle. I converted this 84 Goldwing to electric 2 years ago.

It has been used for 2 seasons (about 1500 miles). This motorcycle uses 24 LiFePO lithium 70aH batteries. The motor is an Advance DC Warp 8. The controller is a Kelly KDH12800B (360A, 120V). There is an on board smart charge by Elcon (110V , 15A. Charge time is about 4 hours if fully discharged. I have a remote terminal that plugs into the bike to monitor and balance all batteries (seems to not be needed once batteries balanced). The drive system connects the DC motor to the driveshaft through a 2:1 chain and sprocket at the front of the bike. Speed is smooth with one ratio from start to near 60mpg. Acceleration estimated to be about the same as the ICE. Weight is no more (probably less) then when the ICE system was in place. The back carrier holds 6 batteries and the charger. There is still some room in it. The side bags are fully available. The range of this motorcycle is about 40 miles with lower urban speeds. It is typically about 30 where I live in a rural area. The motorcycle has new instrumentation, volts, amps, and digital speed (still working on). This would be an excellent commuter bike, or running errands. Please contact me with any follow up questions. FYI, The electric parts alone are worth more than $5000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ElectricGoldwing.jpg (60.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ElectricGW2.jpg (46.1 KB, 9 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads