Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 11-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Do you believe in Ghosts?

Took this picture with my phone in Gettysburg, Pa. At the Farnsworth house .. where the side of the place is riddled with bullet holes from the Civil War. I almost deleted this until i looked closer and seen something that wasn't there when i was taking the picture......

click to enlarge

Let me blow that up for you.

click to enlarge

Pure insanity.

Looks like rope holding back a flag .................... or something? I dont know, but its awesome. Too bad i didn't get the whole thing, it would have been crystal clear.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
blaine

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts?

That sends chills up my spine!!! O_o :2tup:

Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Doesn't surprise me. Truth is stranger than fiction. My 1st mother in law did not show up in pictures most of the time. Should have been a tip off for me not to get too involved with their daughter.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
dentheman

What? Where? :??:
Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
alantf

Do I believe in ghosts? I've got an open mind - but the following is a true story .........

I was married in 1968, & divorced in 1988. I'd been married for twenty years, & I think I was the only person in our village who didn't know that she preferred women. We remained friends, & I eventually found my present partner, Jan, & we moved to the other side of the world. The last time I heard from my ex was in 2004, when she phoned to tell me that we were to become grandparents for the first time. She didn't live to see our grandson born. She had been a heavy smoker for many years, & in October 2005 died of lung cancer.
In 2006 I went to stop with my daughter, in England, for a few weeks holiday. My daughter said that she'd been to a medium, who told her things that no one else could have known about her mother, & that she kept finding white feathers in the house, which the medium said was her mother letting her know that she was still there. One night I was babysitting, watching a DVD of Phantom of the opera, which my ex had watched every night in the weeks leading up to her death, when a white feather suddenly floated to the ground at my feet. Keeping an open mind, I "talked to her" & said that if she gave me a sign, I'd know she was there. I was sleeping in the attic bedroom, & before going to sleep I put a carton of duty free cigarettes that I had brought for a friend, in the middle of the carpet, so that I would not forget them next day, when I went to visit him. When I woke up, next morning, on top of the carton of cigarettes (& remember, it was cigarettes that killed her) was a small,glass, heart shaped earring. When I showed it to my daughter, she had never seen it ever before...........

Fast forward to the present day ..................

We've been in this apartment now for six years, and both jan & I have "felt" a presence, & seen shadows out of the corner of our eyes, that vanish when you look at them. A few months ago, it was around eleven pm, & jan had gone to bed. I walked over to the book case to put my book away, & suddenly got a whiff of a perfume called "Chantilly". It was unmistakeable - & only one person I knew ever wore it. In fact, it was the perfume she wore when we got married.

Since then there have been other unexplainable occurrences. Just last week jan & I found that our rabbits had been chewing one of the plants in a flower pot on the patio. The flower pot was so heavy that it took both of us to lift it, & move it to a high shelf at the other end of the patio. You can imagine what we felt when we got up next morning, to find that the flower pot was back in its original position. It was too heavy for one person to lift, our patio is second storey, & just about impossible for anyone to get onto. Besides, who would come onto a patio, find a flower pot that had been moved, then move it back to its original position?

So ............ Do I believe in ghosts?.........I don't know, but it's a true story......... Can you come up with another explanation?

Old 11-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
dhgeyer

My first wife hated me after the divorce with a passion and a vengeance that I have never witnessed in another human being. She died in 2007. No sign of her yet.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
Sarris

My ex-wife hates me too. I wish she was a ghost!

:lol:
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
My ex-wife hates me too. I wish she was a ghost!

:lol:
Ditto. :2tup: :lol: :cool:

Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 AM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Alantf, either you have extremely strong rabbits or a midnight visitor. I doubt it is the rabbits. Seems you have a visitor from another plane of existance. And yes I believe in Aliens too. We can't be the only form of life in the Universe. The Earth is the insane asylum of the Universe. :lol:
Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
dentheman

I've seen a few things in my life the lead me to believe in aliens (UFO's), and even a couple things that could be described as ghostly, but I am on the fence on believing in ghosts. If I stay on this forum long enough I will eventually believe in zombies.