Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: Dropped the 'Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_
Sucks dude glad you weren't hurt. Were you able to lift it by yourself?
The guy that was in the car that startled me hopped out and helped me pick it up. I think I could have gotten it up with the back of the ass lifting method, but, I'll have to wait until next time.

It all happened so quickly, whatever i did to avoid getting hurt was pure instinct. I don't even remember what I did, but I must have hopped off before she went down. I don't even have any bruises or soreness today. It really just slid down from under me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Alan, did you read Proficient Motorcycling ?? He gives a lot of info on the front end geometry and what happens at various speeds.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
alanmcorcoran

Yeah, I read it. Also read his followup, "Street Strategies?" But it was eight months ago. Might be time to read it again.

I took a closer look at the spot I went down when I cam in today. There's a little loose gravel, and it's been coated at some point with some kind of asphalt paint, which might have contributed to the slide.

At the end of the day, I think I probably over braked on instinct. Riding the GZ and the Liner together will probably take some adjustments that I haven't made yet to the "autopilot" The Strat has gigantic dual front disks and tremendous stopping power (given it's weight) compared to the GZ. I think I would have been fine on the GZ. I'll have to learn the rear brake skills you mentioned and become more proficient at switching between the heavy and light bikes.

Login or Register to Remove Ads