Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: 07 Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
No dress up for me, that's for rich boy posers (read Alan).
Were you referring to my comment on H-D wear? (I got some H-D socks from one of my colleagues for christmas! Kind of like regular socks, but they say Harley Davidson on the tops....)

Or some other snide remark I missed. (Sarris, I'm hurt! I've modelled my "stable" after yours! Well except for the H-D part of it. And the fairing. And the radio. And the helmet. But, other than that, we're like BROTHERS! [Oops, wrong word. My bad. Cousins!])

Also, not to get too defensive, but Poser-Boy has logged over 3500 miles on (now) two bikes, in six months. I am willing to bet I have done more riding on a per annum basis than some "real" bikers.

Oh, I also got my wife some H-D boots for our anniversary. (They were on sale, $59!)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Old 01-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Also, not to get too defensive, but Poser-Boy has logged over 3500 miles on (now) two bikes, in six months. I am willing to bet I have done more riding on a per annum basis than some "real" bikers.

I don't know about anyone else but just the fact that every time you have rode for a while now you have been braving an Freeway of some sort anywhere in California on a GZ250 eliminates your "Poser" status in my book, Makes you crazy as hell, and sometimes (like riding in the fog at night, after drinking) a little overconfident, but definitely not a poser.

P.S. Patrick, that is one PISSED OFF cat.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran

I don't know about anyone else but just the fact that every time you have rode for a while now you have been braving an Freeway of some sort anywhere in California on a GZ250 eliminates your "Poser" status in my book, Makes you crazy as hell, and sometimes (like riding in the fog at night, after drinking) a little overconfident, but definitely not a poser.

P.S. Patrick, that is one PISSED OFF cat.
I read somewhere that the average rider only rides 2000 miles a year. Alan is well ahead of the curve, and maybe a little nuts too but not a poser in the usual sense of the word.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
Sarris

JK, JK, JK

:poke2:

Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #16
alanmcorcoran

Hey Sarris,

How many miles do you get to the tank on your H-D? And what's the most miles you've logged on it in one day?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #17
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
I'm gonna vomit. I've said it before, It's not WHAT you ride, it IS the ride. That being said, I love my Harley and my GZ too.

No dress up for me, that's for rich boy posers (read Alan).

:puke:
That was more of a 'you know you're getting old when .... ' comment i posted up there.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #18
Sarris

Alan, I can go about 175 miles or so before the idiot light goes on, but I've got a regular gas guage and I just get it whenever.

When I was younger, I rode as many as 600 miles or more in a day. Anymore, I take it easy and do 300 a day. or less.

For me personally, I start to lose focus after about 5 or 6 hours in the saddle. Lack of concentration = dead. Alan, just be sure to keep in mind that there is now a helluva lot more mass in motion and a 35 mph impact with a 300 lb GeeZer is gonna be a shit load less violent than one on your 750 lb Strat or my HD. The braking thing on a big bike is also waaaaaay diff than the GeeZee. A bikes is a bike is a bike. Speed is a constant. Mass is the variable.

BTW, just a friendly jab (poser). If you ever get to Tampa Bay, let me know and I'll take for a ride on my turf.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
alanmcorcoran

I think you get better gas mileage or hae a bigger tank. One thing I don't like about the strat is I get to "empty" at about 120. I think I still have another 30-40 miles of gas, but I don't want to be pushing the thing if i am wrong.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
Sarris

The only way to know for sure is get a good fillup and run her dry. I do it with every bike after it's broken in, so I'll know for sure. I just carry a quart of gas in a BBQ starter fluid bottle around AFTER she hits reserve.

My HD gas gauge is wanky anyway (my '06 has the 5 gal tank). Every bagger owner knows that Harley half (on the gauge) is 3 gallons with 2 gallons in the second half, and it hits the reserve light with about a gallon left, so... I got 46 miles out of mine on my run-dry ride (musta been old farting it that day), but I now am averaging about 45+/- mpg. Depends on all the usual shit.

You'll probably notice a fairly substantial increase in both power (real??) and gas mileage (for sure real) after it breaks in fully.