Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Upgraded the Shadow - Rake Kit

After 2 years of wanting, i finally bought the 7 degree rake kit. After an evening of installing the new angled triple tree kit, harley headlight, new brake line and bearings .... she's all done.

I also have a full custom made LED light kit for the bike on the way. Instead of 7 colors, it will fade between the entire color spectrum. I dont know of any that do that so this should be interesting once installed.

Last thing on my list of todo's .... is the radius exhaust. Most likely will order that closer to the end of this month.

Anyway, heres some before and after shots.

STOCK

BEFORE

AFTER

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
music man

Re: Upgraded the Shadow - Rake Kit

Lookin' good there Dupo :2tup:. How does it Drive now?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Sarris

John, the bike looks great. The rake looks good and the new headlight is killer. We haven't heard much from you lately. Any job propects?

You'll never have to convince me that choppers are cool......

:2tup:

Old 03-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Looks purty darn neat from here. Question though. Have you noticed and fork flex after the mod ? Probably would only show up riding on rain grooves and the like.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Damn, that's a sweet looking bike, and I'm not a big chopper fan.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Dupo

Thanks guys.

Actually the rake brought the bike back to 'level'. It handles MUCH different, but what happened was the 3" fork extensions i had on it before this, caused the bike to be a little floppy in turns. In other words, it turned way too easy. Took nothing to take turns with it. Now, its level again and feels like im trying to turn an old 70s car with no power steering lol. I just have to get used to it again, thats all.

As for grooves an the like .... the Metzlers i have on it now prevent me from getting stuck in grooves and road snakes. I really didnt feel a difference with the rake.

As for me not being around much .... lets just say i've had some serious home issues to attend to. Trying to work on a relationship here at home and a few other things. Everything is now working out for the positive and im obviously starting working on the bike once again. I'll be in and out of here for a bit until i can get back in full swing and be here full time again.

The light kit came saturday but we werent home so i gotta go pick that up monday. Calling for showers mon evening, so i'll prob install that on tuesday.

I ordered a broomstick bar for it, but the dope i ordered from on ebay didnt have any in stock. I wont see that until thursday.

New exhaust ... will probably be ordered next wednesday. Dont know what his turn around times are but i should have those before the end of the month. Im either going for a set of radius pipes (shorty) or this other set that are more of an angle down shorty pipe.

Last but not least .. tank stretch. Then paint.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Joho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
As for me not being around much .... lets just say i've had some serious home issues to attend to. Trying to work on a relationship here at home and a few other things. Everything is now working out for the positive and im obviously starting working on the bike once again. I'll be in and out of here for a bit until i can get back in full swing and be here full time again.

Not knowing the situation, I wish you the best! You don't need a reminder from us GZ'ers about how therapeutic motorcycling is!

Maybe a day trip (just to get away) is in order?? Don't forget the ride report!!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
Dupo

Thanks Joho .. more like an 11 day trip to Florida at Disney/Universal

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook