Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #21
Easy Rider

Re: Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH40
and tried to clean the Carb myself with Seafoam (however that proved to be unsucessfull)
If you have searched the threads here, you will already know that you should give it a shot of carb cleaner every 500 miles or so to prevent future problems.

When the Seafoam is gone, get some Berrymans; about 1/3 the price.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #22
alantf

Re: Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
I managed to overheat my first bike. I must admit though I was mistreating it a bit and was lucky it did not seize up completely. As it was the poor little 2 stroke was wide open on a hot day and there was very little air flow due to some mods on the bike. It was acting like it was running out of fuel intermitantly and then would continue for a while before acting up again.
I know exactly what you mean. When I first came to the Island I picked up a really cheap Peugeot 125, 2-stroke scooter (all I could afford at the time) Let's just say that I spent as much time with it in my workshop as I did on the road. One VERY hot day I was riding down the Autopista at full speed (70 km/hr, 45mph) when the engine just cut out. After trying to push it to the next exit (after trying to start it several times, cleaning the spark plug etc) I was nearly passing out with the heat, so I just sat down to wait. Half an hour later & one push of the starter, & the engine was back to life. I learned that this particular engine didn't like being pushed hard in the heat.