Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 01-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #31
Water Warrior 2

Oh my, you are really getting down to the Nitty Gritty with everything. 30 rear wheel horsepower would be awesome on a GZ. You would be able to frighten a lot of bigger bikes due to the power to weight ratio.

A GZ with a blower! It must have had a bucket full of mods to even run properly. Sounds like a short life engine if opened up on a regular basis. But what the h**l, it was likely a different way to get where you want to be with the GZ without a large cost.
I find these projects very fascinating. They are works of art in some cases and deserve to be appreciated for their effort and planning.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #32
kilo0195

https://ibb.co/kKd9KR

My "shadow" couldn't wait to get out on the bike especially as he said I had to "prove to him" it was going to be faster lol.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #33
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo0195 View Post
https://ibb.co/kKd9KR

My "shadow" couldn't wait to get out on the bike especially as he said I had to "prove to him" it was going to be faster lol.
Another generation of riders. Take care with him and always answer his questions. Your answers will determine his future decisions in life.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #34
kilo0195

So the bike has been neglected for a couple weeks as I've been busy working. Figured I'd try and get the carb sorted and still not done with that. Put the stock 52.5 starter jet in, swapped the 17.5 pilot with a 20, and changed my 147.5 main to a 150... Kept needle the same. Seems good until around 2/3 to 3/4 throttle. Full throttle she stops cutting out but still underpowered. Going to try and change my needle with one that has more taper. I can't shim the thing anymore. I actually had to cut about 1/8" off the top of the needle already to get it to fit with the shim it has lol. If the taper doesn't do it then I'll try a 152.5 main. Plug was light grey driving around with big under 1/2 throttle so I'm confident I'm good on the pilot at least. I really would love to have one of those ecotron efi deals.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #35
kilo0195

Anyone still curious I've got the carb dialed in finally. 22.5 pilot with 1.5 turn out on mix screw. 52.5 stock starter jet, and 150 main jet. The needle was the fun part. I boought another stock needle for security then took my original to the wire wheel on my bench grinder. Slowly removing material and increasing the taper. This took some patience and nerve (The last part being why I bought another stock needle). I'm glad I went this route because with as much as I took off I'd have spent a fortune in different size needles finally getting to where I was. The bike is finally running where it should and has a nice smooth transition between all throttle ranges. I'm sure it's not perfect and will still need dyno tuned, but at least I'm not frying a piston or looking like I'm rolling coal in a diesel lol.

Please help support GZ250.com without it costing you one cent. Click here for more info.

Tags
300cc, big bore, performance, power, torque