Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
blaine

Re: Illinios to Atlanta.....and beyond. Spring, 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ250
nice to read the updates. are you riding VT600?. good luck and be safe.

here i never dare to go for a long ride on GZ. no power in this bike for highways and i worry about a flat tire too and can't take the hassle of tire repair kit for a ride on GZ.

I beg to differ.I have rode my G.Z. up to 400 KMS per day with no problems.In 31/2 years I have never had a flat on the road.(Knock on wood).I always check tires before startup.I never worry about flats on the road.Of course max speed limit here is 110 KMS.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
nice to read the updates. are you riding VT600?. good luck and be safe.

here i never dare to go for a long ride on GZ. no power in this bike for highways and i worry about a flat tire too and can't take the hassle of tire repair kit for a ride on GZ.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Lynda rode her GZ over 5000 kms on vacation. Not a problem if you start with decent tires and maintain them. My present tires have 18000 kms on them and they are going to take me to the far north this summer. Then they will be used up and replaced. The rear already has a plug covered by a patch and a tube installed. Been that way for most of it's life. I found a really nasty nail a week after the tire was mounted.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #13
GZ250

this is pretty decent for a GZ. i did not mean that GZ won't go, just that I don't do this. by the way i have done more than 270 miles in one go on a much smaller bike (100cc). will see may be one day i make up my mind for a long haul on side roads.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
will see may be one day i make up my mind for a long haul on side roads.
Exactly where the GZ excells and proves it's worth.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
nice to read the updates. are you riding VT600?.

here i never dare to go for a long ride on GZ.
Yes, on the Honda.....but I did the same trip 2 years ago on the GZ; 600 miles each way.
Absolutely NO Interstates on that trip !!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
diffluere

I'm sad that I didn't get to ride your bike....I mean...meet you....

It's probably better you weren't down here for the rest of the weekend. It rained off an on the whole time. I rode over to Homosassa in my Jeep around 3pm saturday to see my mom and her boyfriend and by 5pm there was a storm coming in. I decided to leave and drive up to Cedar Key to see my friends and it rained off and on the rest of the evening. Sunday wasn't too bad until about 3pm, then it sprinkled the rest of the day but was sunny. Monday was just brutally brutally hot.

Are you going to try and make it back down again this summer?

[Edited because I hit enter too many times.]
Old 06-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #17
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffluere
Monday was just brutally brutally hot.
That's what we've got here. It's called a kalima (I think that's how you spell it) What we get is the hot, dry, fine, sand blowing over the ocean from the Sahara desert, so as well as being hot it's dusty. Everything gets blocked up with fine sand. Video players etc get blocked up, & you can't see the mountains for the cloud of dust. Still, it beats the cyclone we had in February! :2tup:

edit:- One of the local garages was offering a deal on air con servicing, so on Tuesday I took the car in (never had the air con serviced in the 7 years I've had the car) WOW! what a difference! Now it's cooler in the car than in the house!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #18
Easy Rider

Quote:
I'm sad that I didn't get to ride your bike....I mean...meet you....

Are you going to try and make it back down again this summer?
It would have been a little difficult to find you since I didn't have any contact info.
I did have visions of going to Home Depot and asking for the "biker girl" who knows everything there is to know about plumbing !!! :biggrin:

Wait......you think I would let you RIDE my bike ??? :shocked: :crackup

Yes, I'll be in the vacinity around Labor Day for the Cards/Braves series in Atlanta......but I'll be in a cage that time; don't think my daughter would like riding that far on the back of a bike.

I might venture down your way then......since weather and butt cramps won't be so much of an issue. :roll:
Old 06-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #19
diffluere

I thought I gave you my info waaaaaay back when you first said you were looking for houses here? Maybe I forgot..hm...look for a PM.

Honestly if you came into Home Depot and said that, they'd know exactly who it was, haha! I'm in kitchen design now though so I get to sit a desk and talk to rich people instead of those guys that don't want to spend the extra dollar to actually SOLVE their problem instead of just "rigging" it...anyway..

I was kidding about the bike (sort of, had my fingers crossed), I figured MAYBE you'd let me sit on it and take a picture for the board to see, hehehe. Then I could photoshop it to make it look like I was going 100 down the highway. =P

It's still going to be insanely hot in September but at least you'll have a/c. There's a gator game that weekend though so coming here might yet again be a huge ordeal.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
Easy Rider

Quote:
I thought I gave you my info waaaaaay back when you first said you were looking for houses here? Maybe I forgot..hm...look for a PM.
As it turns out, you probably DID. When I went to add you to my Email addy list.......you were already there !! Guess I got a little too enthusiastic about deleting my old PMs.

Fixed now.