Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
greenhorn

Re: gear for women

Stomper, do you have a local WOW (Women On Wheels) group nearby? She might be able to get some advice from them. Also here is a blog I frequent once in a great while http://gearchic.blogspot.com/ Don't know how much networking she could do to get some answers regarding the small hands.

I have small hands, but not as small as my nieces!!! A womens small will fit me, but if your GF hands are as small as my nieces, I can see the problem.

Have you though of youth sizes? Motosports - type shops might have what she needs.

Good luck!!!

GH

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #12
meangene

Quote:
[quote:115ocif7]"Now I'm trying to find some mesh riding pants. As usual, I have a jacket that fits, no problem but the pants just aren't available in "adult" sizes for a 36 waist and 28 inseam. Gonna look for "stout" juniors, I think. SIGH."
[/quote:115ocif7]

Try FirstGear pants! They come in both longs and SHORTS! I'm around 5-8, 180 w/ 29 inseam and the shorts fit fine!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Also keep in mind that some womens pants are designed so that they can be shortened to fit properly. Whether they are hemmed or folded under with snaps remember you want them to be long while standing so they creep up just right when sitting and riding.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #14
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene
Try FirstGear pants! They come in both longs and SHORTS! I'm around 5-8, 180 w/ 29 inseam and the shorts fit fine!
Worth a look. Do the knee pads end up in the right place ??
I would have no problem shortening the cuff......but moving the knee protection UP might cost more than the pants. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
GZ Jess

As for gloves I went with boys motocross gloves for summer and woman's thinsulate leather for cold. As for pants I went with leather chaps because I could easily cut them off to the length I needed and only want specific pants for bad weather. I have an old leather coat that I have been wearing but I do think there is a difference in a riding coat and will be getting one as soon as funds allow. The riding coats have more room in the shoulders and are tighter around wrists to stop the wind. As for the head gear, right now I wear a helmet on my own bike. But on the back of my hubby's bike I have several options that seem to work but my favorite is the bandanna with the elastic sewn in. I even like it under my helmet on sweaty days!

Oh yeah and I am 5'4 with a 27" inseam.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
meangene

Quote:
Worth a look. Do the knee pads end up in the right place ??
I would have no problem shortening the cuff......but moving the knee protection UP might cost more than the pants. Thanks.
Yes, they do for me anyway...
Old 05-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #17
Water Warrior 2

The knee protection is normally adjustable to 3 different positions(heights) from my experience. Some pants have foam inserts in the hip area also. I do know the hip inserts work. I fell off my stool while tinkering on a bike and landed on the concrete hip first. Doesn't sound like a great story but this old guy didn't even have one little iddy bitty pain or aching joint.
The pants in question were Joe Rocket Atomic Jeans. I was wearing them at the time because of the good pockets and hands will only carry so much.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #18
Water Warrior 2

Just remembered. New Enough has Joe Rocket ladies jackets on clearance/closeout.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
diffluere

Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between 'ladies' and 'mens' helmets? I hate all the stupid pink butterfly flower crap they put on women's helmets but I don't know if they're sized differently than a men's helmet. My current helmet (women's XS) works just fine but in the future I might go with a different (not full-face) helmet for summer riding.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
GZ Jess

I have a black 1/2 helmet. It was on the same shelf as the pinky ones and the death ones. It is a small. I don't know if it's a woman's or not. I think you would just have to try them on for fit.

Good luck, Jessica