Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
music man

Re: Bobber

Look at the current bid on this POS, who in gods name would even consider giving a grand for that thing, that is just retarded. :retard: :facepalm:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
Joho

Geez guys, lighten up... Some people like that look, me being one of them!

I wonder how it sounds. The exhaust looks pretty free-flowing; also, I wonder if he did any carb adjustments???

Definitely a viable, cool alternative to the cruiser look
Old 01-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Look at the current bid on this POS, who in gods name would even consider giving a grand for that thing, that is just retarded. :retard: :facepalm:
Whoever they are, hope they dont come here and read that comment :poke2:

We ARE #2 on google search for GZ250 / GZ 250 and #7 for suzuki gz 250 search. If you own one and search google, you'll find us and our threads. Keep that in mind. Someone DID buy it after all.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Like said already, lots of rust on the frame, and on the chain. Maybe the whole thing was rusted before the paint job to hide it all. Poor prep. Any maintenance done on this bike?
Doesn't wrapping the exhaust lessen the heat dissipation and make it run hotter? Was this done to hide more rust?
And only 2500 miles 'till someone did this?
Doesn't look bad though except for needing a new seat, that flat pillion can't really be too comfortable and keep you from sliding around.
Could be OK for the price so far if it runs well, but watch out for what the front tire kicks up in the front of the bike.
I've never heard that wrapping an exhaust would make the bike run hotter. I know those who run custom pipes tend to wrap them because they can't get custom heat shields. Wrapping lessens the outside pipe temp so you dont put a hole in your pants.

2500 miles ..... i de-virginized my bike at 2200. Actually the previous owner de-virginized the exhaust and intake at 250 miles.

Rust on the chain and some rusted scratches .... replace the chain and sand down the scratches ... whip out the BBQ paint and its good as new Not bad at all for under a grand, if thats the direction you want to take a bike.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Wrapping lessens the outside pipe temp so you dont put a hole in your pants.
OK, so I know what you mean but.......wrapping an exhaust pipe makes the actual PIPE temp. go up....WAY up, to the point of actual pipe damage for some kinds of (cheap) pipes. It pushes the heat back to the un-wrapped portion of the pipe; thus you can burn the CRAP out of yourself....or your pants way back at the back where it would normally not be nearly that hot.

It does, of course, insulate you from the heat wherever the wrap is actually located.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
northern_ninja

Send a message via MSN to northern_ninja

sorry to interrupt here, but i think this bike looks cool( the bars could do with adjusting to a more suitable position tho)
if you wrap the exhaust you do indeed raise the exhaust temps, but in doing so you also make it easier to remove the exhaust gasses ( as hot air is essentially "thinner" than cooler air) therefore making it run slightly smoother, and possibly quicker.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #17
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern_ninja
if you wrap the exhaust you do indeed raise the exhaust temps, but in doing so you also make it easier to remove the exhaust gasses ( as hot air is essentially "thinner" than cooler air) therefore making it run slightly smoother, and possibly quicker.
Sure, chime right in.

This is an old, stale arguement, for a stock production bike, because the impact on an exhaust system that is not professionally engineered and tuned is insignificant (unless you just happen to get lucky). A stock engine needs a little back pressure to keep the gasses moving right.

An engine is generally tuned as a package. Intake, valves, ports, mixture and exhaust. Changing just one of those things usually results in less power, not more. :cool:
Old 04-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #18
dannylightning

Thats not much of a bobber at all. basically they painted it, poorly chopped the rear fender and took off the front fender,

do a google or yahoo image search for bobbers and you will no longer think that thing is cool.. a bobber done right would be my dream bike..
Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #19
pablush

this is my gz 250 bobber
Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #20
pablush

so guys what do you think about mine???