Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
franciscoe

which exhaust?

I know there's a debate pro and con verse getting an exhaust but if you do want one which one is louder and cooler looking but not to loud to scare the neighbors kids...
Please peeps let me know and website where you got them would be apperciated. :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
RamAir

Re: which exhaust?

I wanna try these set of pipes on my but i have no idea of what they will sound like or be but I think they would be so cool!

Let me know what you think of them.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
blaine

I like the look of the duel pipes.You would need to do some mods, as the G.Z. pipes are two into one.But I think it would be worth the effort. :cool:

Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
alantf

I'm no mechanic, but people here who are, mention that the back pressure of the stock exhaust is needed to stop the mixture from being too weak.(at least I THINK that's why the back pressure is needed) Would two exhausts from the same cylinder (but different exhaust ports) affect the pressure in the same way as putting two resistors in parallel in an electrical circuit i.e. halve the resistance (halve the back pressure)? I'm not saying "don't do it", just trying to find out if you might have to do more mods than you first thought. :2tup:
Old 11-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

First off the Rebel is a 2 cylinder engine and that is a different sound to begin with. I personally don't mess with a factory exhaust because they do make the OEM stuff to work the best over the widest range of operating conditions. You can't really make any changes to the exhaust without making changes to the intake to compensate for air flow differences. Whatever goes in must come out with more or less matching values.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
RamAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
First off the Rebel is a 2 cylinder engine and that is a different sound to begin with. I personally don't mess with a factory exhaust because they do make the OEM stuff to work the best over the widest range of operating conditions. You can't really make any changes to the exhaust without making changes to the intake to compensate for air flow differences. Whatever goes in must come out with more or less matching values.
Yes and no water warrior, it is a 2 cyl. motor and yes it will wound a bit diff on our bikes, maybe a bit deeper since our one cyl. is twice the size of the rebels one cyl. but it will have a bit more time between the exhousting sound unless you bump up you idle. I would think for our bikes you would have to rejet them or get them retuned, WW is right in the fact that our stock exhaust is the best in an all around way and for best power over the bandwith and for smooth riding, how this is more about looks and sound then a preformance mod, our bike does not have really any exhaust options that are aftermarket and researched like many other bikes out there so pretty much anything is a guess.
I am not saying what you stated is wrong it is all right its just I get the feeling that you think I posted it as something that would improve the bikes preformance, I mearly ment it as a cosmetic and auditory improvement thats all.
Plus I plan on getting these when I rejet the bike next year so I will already be in the prosses of improving it why not right all in all it will be less work at that time! :2tup:
Old 11-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Ah, now I see more clearly now.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
kirk

I'm trying to put larger saddlebags on - no need for better performance or louder pipes.
Would it make any sense to cut the stock muffler, bend it down slightly, and re-attach? Maybe extend too the mounting bracket?
Reading the forums I see a few folks who've put aftermarket mufflers on and they sit much lower. I'm not keen to mess with a working system or risk something loud enough to annoy the neighbors.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #9
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
I'm trying to put larger saddlebags on - no need for better performance or louder pipes.
Would it make any sense to cut the stock muffler, bend it down slightly, and re-attach? Maybe extend too the mounting bracket?
Reading the forums I see a few folks who've put aftermarket mufflers on and they sit much lower. I'm not keen to mess with a working system or risk something loud enough to annoy the neighbors.
I don't see problem with cutting the exhaust behind the heat shield an installing a straighter pipe.You would need to extend the mount at the rear of the exhaust to lower the muffler.we would like to see pics of finished product.
:cool:

Old 06-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
Rookie Rider

Im dying to put different pipes on my 2000 suzuki gz250 for better look and sound. I just dont know where to start and for a reasonable price.