Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
spldart

Had a nice ride today.

Just got on the southwest freeway this morning and was working my way over to the hov lane and got my opportunity to get in by a Harley that slipped from the right side of the lane to the left.
They waved and I waved.... That was weird... Normally Harley's wont wave at rice In my experience...
Anywho... They took left side lead and I took right side one second back follow kinda like a fighter aircraft element formation. For lotsa miles...
Even had a sport bike guy come by and pass the *####* outta us on his side using the shoulder.

I guess I have a question:

I've noticed less bikes on the street in Houston Texas... Am I wrong?

All the bikes I've had and a Harley rider wouldn't raise a finger to wave... This one was being all nice letting me in?
Am I confused?
Is the gulf between rice and US bikes getting smaller?

PS: I had 2 years off from regular riding due to a blown motor on a Yamaha Vision. Though I did randomly ride other bikes here and there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by spldart; 05-06-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

It really just always depends on the rider. Some guys out there appreciate the sport for what it is and don't care about what bike someone is riding. I call the these people Motorcyclists. Others, the guys who leave their bikes in the garage under a tarp for 48 weeks out of the year, think they're better than you because they make a small mortgage payment on their toy. I call those people douche bags and don't concern myself with them.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
gz250dude

Interesting thoughts my friends, I guess I don't really pay much attention because I don't care who waves at me (which is usually nobody) LOL..... I have two scooters and my GZ and same people who wave at me Monday on the GZ won't even make eye contact with me Tuesday on the same road when I am on my Scooter.

Login or Register to Remove Ads