Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
countrydad

Tough looking Biker?

If this describes you, I need your help. I am planting a church in my area and have an outreach idea that requires a picture of a tough looking biker guy. I don't want to infringe on any copyright laws so that is why I need you! I can give more details if you are interested, or you can just post your pick and I will let you know.

Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Tough looking Biker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrydad
I am planting a church in my area .....
I hope it grows..... :lol:

I'd venture a guess that there aren't too many GZ riders that fit the "tough biker" stereotype. :cool:

And even if I DID, I don't think I'd be volunteering my picture without knowing EXACTLY how it will be used.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
countrydad

I think there could be some tough looking GZ riders, anyhow it is worth a try.

What I want to do with the pictures is put them on a post card size mailer that will be sent throughout the community, approx. 12,000 people/houses. What I have pictured in my head is probably only a portion of the face from about the bridge of the nose up. I want it to be obvious that this guy is tough. The invitation will say "looking for a few bad men". The point is that what society states as the norm leaves men unfulfilled, and dare I say living lives like a bunch of sissies. This is an invitation to men to be bad, to be men!

Some good reading on this topic is "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge and my favorite 1 Chronicles 11.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
davtnn

Ya might want to go to the HD sites ... they seem to go out of their way to look the "type".. basically here there are enthusiasts.. no hard core types.. Also ya might want to google "bikers"... in the image section
Old 06-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #5
davtnn

I just googled bikers.. oh ya there are many .... and i believe they are usable (no copyright stuff)

Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #6
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davtnn
.. basically here there are enthusiasts.. no hard core types..
Speak fer yourself :neener:
I may ride a honda, but i am definetly the 'hardcore' stereotype

If i can get the time, i think i can help you out for your pic.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #7
LilNinja77

Quote:
basically here there are enthusiasts.. no hard core types
Well, I guess that depends on what you consider "hardcore".......to me there's nothing more hardcore than riding (especially commuting) all year, all weather, and in full head-to-toe riding gear even in the heat of summer.......takes a lot more willpower and strength than riding around in a brain-bucket and corona-t shirt only when the weather is absolutely perfect. Eh, different people like different things I suppose.

BTW, I DO ride all year, all weather, in full gear. Now if you're talking about the stereotypical "harley" biker image......well they just look silly to me (and I look silly to them). Also keep in mind the difference between a biker, an owner, a rider, and an enthusiast; but I won't go in to that right now.

Sounds like you're trying to market to a lot of overworked, overfamilied guys who are going through that whole mid-life thing. It's beeen working for Harley with their more recent advertisement campaigns, give it a shot. Also sounds like you should just get a big group together and watch (and read) Fight Club :rawk:

Good luck, and be safe

Ride safe
edited once

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 06-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #8
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrydad
The invitation will say "looking for a few bad men". The point is that what society states as the norm leaves men unfulfilled, and dare I say living lives like a bunch of sissies. This is an invitation to men to be bad, to be men!
Well, good luck with that.
Makes me a little uneasy.........starting off with sending out 12,000 pieces of junk mail.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
countrydad

EasyRider, we have an established presence in our community already, but I have the same concern about "junk mail." However, it is very efficient (a lot of folks contacted/invited with little effort). I also plan on beating the sidewalks and knocking on doors. To-date we have knocked on about 500 doors in the community for other events, but need a better way to reach more people at once for this one.

Dupo, if you could help that would be excellent. No rush, I don't need any pictures for about a month. BTW, I just looked at a Shadow the other day. Nice Bike, no funds. Church planters make poor hobbyists.

I have googled "bikers" and yes there are a lot of options, but without knowing where the pictures came from I can't say there is no copyright issue (last resort).

I am blown away by the response so far. You all are great. God Bless. [/quote]