Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
trykemike

ride to trailer

I took a ride up to my trailer this past weekend. July 5/6. I live in Toronto . It is a 185 km ride to the trailer with the 1 st 50 km mostly a mix of urban and rural riding. I left at 7:20 am the temp was warm 70 F and traffic was light. At 1 point I acknowledged a rider on a suzuki bandit . we rode together for 10 km. at 1 stretch while cruising @ 80 km we quickly slowed down because the COPs had a radar check just before the speed limit increased from 60 k/hr to 80 k/hr so ????. After finally leaving the city behind the ride was very pleasant. No wind terrific scenery
no traffic. during the ride I soon got into the groove and found my self riding along at a lazy 80-90 k/hr. I passed through small villages and by golf courses and several farms. The aroma ranged from fresh and aromatic to putrid ( rotting manure on the fields and a dead skunk once ). The road was meandering and climed several long steep hills but the bike just ate them up running in 5 th gear @ 90-100 k/ph no down shifting required. There were several wide sweeping curves with mild up/down hills mixed in. A look in the mirrors revealed the occassional truck which would appear then vanish only to be replaced by another scarce vehicle. I had to pass a couple of tractors which were pulling hay wagons. No problem down shift to 4th goose to 90 then up to 5th to 100 k/hr then ease back. At 1 point I had a long flat stretch so I cranked the bike to 125 k/hr just below 8000 rpm still smooth. The ride took 2.5 hrs avg speeds between 80-100 k/hr . My gas milage was 31 k/litre approx 90 m/can gal. In my opinion the bike does everything I expected and need. My custom gel cushion and hand grips solved the discomfort issues. I'm 5 ft 6in 160 lbs. The bike fits me like a glove. My friends liked the looks and were dumbfounded when I cruised into the park because they being sceptics did not think I could do it. I always had small bikes so I know what to expect and what not to do. I am planing another run later this summer or early fall. here are som pics. Look at the big snapping turtle that greeted me upon my arrival at the park.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
bikerbroad60

Wow,Mike!! What a great time you had. Great photos,and lots of good descriptions of where you went.I think our bikes are just wonderful.I hope to see many more ride reports from you,and maybe I will write one some day,too!!
Take good care...
Annie
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
bigwonton

Looks like a nice scenic place - totally different from downtown. I have some friends that live in Richmond Hill and up in Palgrave and try to make it out whenever I can.

Login or Register to Remove Ads