Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 11-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
zuzuki

Another nice bike, engine is toast thread 2007 GZ250

Re: Nice bike but engine is toast.

I have a 2007 and unfortunately was suckered by someone who mentioned "minor electrical problems" Turned out the exhaust valve stem broke off into cylinder and I didn't hear it jingling around because the piston jammed it back into the head

I need at minimum a new head ( complete), gasket kit, cylinder ( unless I can get it bored - cause its cast - and find a larger piston/ring kit) :poke2:

Otherwise, a good used engine will work for me... :neener:

Anyone have a link to find these parts? I found the older GN250 engine out here http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 42720.html

GM 250 looks the same but I am not sure if it is.. If I could find the GZ 250 parts locally I would buy them.. Of course there are a few engines out there on eBay too.. Buying the head complete and cylinder with piston and gasket would almost be as easy ( and cheaper about 600) ..

Edited my post for humor, and will add a few pics of the disassembly of "No.5" (as in Johnny).. I already named this poor lil'250

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Goose51683

Re: Another nice bike, engine is toast thread 2007 GZ250

Zuzuki,

Be careful. I purchased some engine parts from aliexpress.com and I wasn't exactly thrilled with what I received. The piston and bores were fine but the cooling fins on the outside were cracked in a couple places. If you can find a different vendor I would consider it.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
zuzuki

Thanks for the info on that! I'm looking around for a little bigger bike personally. I think I have a buyer tomorrow for this one 450 seem fair? Anyway I'm a sucker for a nice zuki... I've ridden them all my life

Its too bad parts aren't as easy to come by as they used to be .. Also surprised at the cost of everything these days. Have you ever rebuilt one of these heads? Think its cheaper to build a head or by one?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Zuzuki, where in N. Ga. are you? I'm in Dalton...