Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
qwadfather

Better Pegs For The GZ

Pegs make a difference!
Folks, I think I stumbled upon us some pegs to replace the squirrely things that Suzuki put on the little geezer! My wife loves the little bike but that the pegs feel like sticks under her feet. (hence the name "pegs", LOL!) Well, the 250 was parked next to my ACE one day and I noticed that the passenger pegs on my Shadoow were a lot bigger and nicer than the the Suzuki. Hmm? So I took one off each bike and the bigger peg plugged right in. FYI, they are Kuryakyn Dually ISO's and work very well. I don't know how to identify the peg adapters that you need as I couldn't find a model # on the adapter and they were kinda rigged up on the Honda anyway. (Gave me an excuse to buy nice rear floorboards for the Shadow, lol!) Anyway, the mounts are 17mm wide and have about the same shape mount stems as stock. I had to do away with the factory spacer or rattle clips as the stems on the K's are fatter. I also had to lightly tap the adapters in to overcome the same issue. Once in, I used the factory pins. They have microscopic e-clips on bottom. Taking those off, keeping track of them, and reinstalling them was by far the hardest part of the job, lol! The pins are smaller than the hole in the pegs but I had to work them in as they were tight due to the holes being slightly offset from each other. It was that or drill a little on the frame to fit bigger bolts and I thought the frame looked a little flimsy anyway. I suspect they will be fine, without rattles or looseness. With the fitment of the adapters, I believe the little pins will do their job well and keep the pegs from vibrating off, which seems to be their only purpose. The pegs fold up just like the stock ones. After I finished the install, I set the angle of the pegs with the big allen bolt on the end, adjusted the brake and shifter for her comfort. Must have done something right. The wife said it felt like a different, much more secure bike. I suspect, that for smaller feet, they are a great cross between pegs and floorboards.(Which I don't recommend for inexperienced riders anyway.) The K's are smooth, nicely dampened, not mushy like the stock ones ane are about twice as wide. Hell, the new pegs even felt quite good under my size 13's! Gotta recommend them! Sorry to be so long winded, but I hope this helps. Ride safe all, Ed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: OOPS! Pegs make a difference! (again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwadfather
BTW, Sorry but I posted this earlier in perf mods. Didn't mean to duplicate. Figured would be better suited here once I realized my goof, Ed.
So, did you then go back and delete the other one ??
You could have asked a moderator to move it too.
Patrick needs something to do !!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
qwadfather

Re: Better Pegs For The GZ

Yeah, ah did! And I even figured out how to polish up the above and post a pic (Now make that two pics!) ! I am so proud of me!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Sarris

Re: Better Pegs For The GZ

I have those on my GeeZer and I drilled the holes out one size for more substantial bolts and a tighter fit.

No problems, and they are a lot more comfy.