Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 12-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

New Jacket.

Have been considering a new jacket for some time now and finally made a decision. Just ordered a First Gear jacket from New Enough that is in their closeout section. $139 buys a lot of jacket if you aren't fussy about the only color available. Check out the First Gear Kilimanjaro 5.0 textile jacket. Has many features that I want at a mighty fine price. The one priority was a 2-way main zipper on the front. This was not memtioned by N.E. but is listed on the First Gear website. This jacket would be far north of $400 in the GWN. Gotta love N.E.

Oh yah, forgot to mention, these jackets come in womens versions and tall sizes. Be the first on your block to have a drab sand colored jacket. LOL.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
New GZ250

Re: New Jacket.

Nice looking jacket, the price you paid is a steal! Enjoy and stay warm!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
JWR

WOW!!!
Nice jacket. I always buy a size larger for extra layering.

Good buy.

Should be in the 60s here Monday, already got a ride planned.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 12-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Looking forward to getting the jacket. The liner will make a nice everyday jacket and I can wear my Heated liner under the jacket with or without heat. Should make for a nice combo when riding in colder and/or wet conditions. What I really like are the variety of pockets and storage. A regular short jacket just doesn't have any pockets worth using. Should cost a total of $165 with exchange so I won't complain in the least. Merry Xmas to me.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

For everyone, Motorcycle Superstore has FirstGear TPG Ranier Jackets on clearance for $99. I just got this very same jacket in Black/Yellow for $139 at NewEnough. These are superb winter jackets, and I've already worn the inner liner as a non-riding windbreaker way more than my normal colder weather jacket. I'm just saying, it's an incredible deal, and anyone who rides in weather under 50 degrees should seriously think about it.

Motorcycle Superstore Closeouts - FG Ranier TPG

Old 12-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Patrick, that is a fantastic price. Last of the 2009 stock and a tremendous buy. One of the best jackets on the market for a dime store price.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
mrlmd1

How do the sizes run in that FG TPG jacket?
I think I'm going to get the red one. You can't beat that price.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

I think you will find the jackets run a bit big but would be great for layering in cold temps. But did you see the Ladies model is on for 69 bucks ????????????? Awesome price.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

They're very adjustable size-wise. I always buy jackets one size over my normal jacket size - I bought an XXL and it has plenty of space for extra layers. The number of pockets and vents this has is crazy. There's hidden zippers everywhere on it.

I rode in 30 degree weather the other day with this jacket on and my torso was not the least bit cold. No wind incursion anywhere.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
Water Warrior 2

Patrick I am so tempted to get a jacket like yours but one size larger than the one I just got. New Enough suggested getting one size smaller because the jackets fit a bit large. So I got a medium and it is a touch snug with the liner but will be great without the liner in summer. A jacket like yours is top of the line at even a better price than mine which was darn cheap. Getting one in large would be about right or a smiget loose for cool riding and layers. I seem to be between a medium and large for a really comfy fit. Gotta think about this, I went a few steps high on the MasterCard for Xmas.