Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #21
3-D Video

Re: Motorcycle Fatalities Down in 2009

Two million people in the U.S. are permanently injured in automobile accidents each year. 20% of those are the result of brain injuries… that's 400,000 cage drivers and their passengers who could have been better off waring a helmet.
400,000 is a significant group! Wouldn't it make more sense to pass helmet laws on their behalf first? I'm sure it would be, so I resent being singled out as a minority voting bloc.
And yeah, I also put seat belts in my car... back when I had to buy them at an airport.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #22
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
I'm out. Too many know it alls on here. :redflip:
[pbss][/pbss]

well you may not agree with everything people say on here but every one is entitled to their opinion and people on here are definitely going to piss you off from time to time. but on the other hand there is a lot of good stuff on here too.

don't take it personally if some one does not agree with what you said, it happens
Old 04-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #23
bonehead

That's not it. I was stating a fact that came from a professional and some people say its crap. Some people on here just think that their opinion is the only one that should be considered.
Just tired of the "I'm right and every one else is wrong" attitude of some of the people on here.
I was'nt starting a debate on helmet laws. I just passed on an incident where the medical professional felt that my friends injuries COULD have been worse had he been wearing his helmet due to the physics of the accident.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #24
dhgeyer

Quote:
That's not it. I was stating a fact that came from a professional and some people say its crap. Some people on here just think that their opinion is the only one that should be considered.
Just tired of the "I'm right and every one else is wrong" attitude of some of the people on here.
I was'nt starting a debate on helmet laws. I just passed on an incident where the medical professional felt that my friends injuries COULD have been worse had he been wearing his helmet due to the physics of the accident.
Well, if it was me that offended you, I apologize. Anything I said was not intended to attack your post. As I said before, everyone knows of some incident in which a helmet or seat belt does more harm than good.

Actually, I can recite such an incident myself. In 1951 my father hit a telephone pole square on at too way much speed for the icy conditions (which caused him to lose control). The front end of the car collapsed completely. This was before the days of telescoping steering columns. Dad dove down under the dashboard on the passenger side. When he saw the car later, there was a steering wheel shaped cutout in the back of the driver's seat. Thankfully, this was also before the days of seat belts.

I still believe that, statistically, you're better off with one than without one.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #25
Easy Rider

Quote:
I just passed on an incident where the medical professional felt that my friends injuries COULD have been worse had he been wearing his helmet due to the physics of the accident.
SO, I'm confused.
Just exactly what kind of reaction did you expect from your post ??

That is NOT a smart assed question; I am serious.

It stimulated additional discussion......which is good.
What was your point in posting that in the first place......if not giving a different twist to the discussion ??

Since you appear upset with the reaction that it produced, it seems that you expected everyone to say "Well, that's proof right there that helmets are bad."........which I am pretty sure was NOT your intent.

If things like THIS are going to get your blood pressure up and make you upset........maybe you should opt out of internet forums. None of them are all sweetness and light.

With VERY few exceptions, nothing is posted in THIS forum with the sole purpose of being an obnoxious ass, just to provoke other users.

CHILL !! :cool:

Old 04-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #26
bonehead

No Dave it was'nt you . It was the statement by mrlmd1 that the doctors observation was crap.
He did'nt see the patient, hear exactly what happened at the crash, witness testimony about the impact, or anything else related to the crash.
It was just a blanket statement that the doc was wrong, and yes he is entitle to his opinion.
Anyway, enough. Sorry I ever brought it up.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #27
dannylightning

Quote:
No Dave it was'nt you . It was the statement by mrlmd1 that the doctors observation was crap.
He did'nt see the patient, hear exactly what happened at the crash, witness testimony about the impact, or anything else related to the crash.
It was just a blanket statement that the doc was wrong, and yes he is entitle to his opinion.
Anyway, enough. Sorry I ever brought it up.
he is actually a she. lol. i can see how she pissed you off but don't take it personally. she does seem to be knowledgeable about bikes and gives out good advice from time to time. she stated her opinion, and doctors don't know every thing. he just made a educated guess about what could have happned. weather he was wright or wrong i don't know but i can see how the edge of a helmet could catch one something and snap your head back.

it could happen.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
bonehead

I apoligize for the gender mix up. Don't want to piss anyone off!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
dannylightning

Quote:
lol
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #30
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Quote:
lol
Hang on a minute.......... now I'm TOTALLY mixed up. Which he's a she? :??: