Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 06-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
dentheman

600 mile service of Honda NC700XD.

I called to set up the 600 mile check of my NC700, they said bring it by Saturday at 9 and they should be able to do it while I wait. I arrived at 9, it sat for 30 minutes then someone took it back and started working on it. About an hour later it was done, but I noticed the receipt only listed one oil filter being changed instead of two. Turns out they did not have the clutch oil filter in stock and apparantly weren't going to mention that to me. I strongly mentioned it, they ordered it, and it should be in by Thursday after 2, when I am to call them. Rode the bike to another shop where my Shadow is for sale. When leaving I saw the check engine light and the oil light are on intermittantly. I called the dealer, he sent a flatbed to pick up the bike, then a half dozen mechanics and their management stood around it trying to figure out what is wrong. One of the mechanics says there is too much oil, drains a little, notes the oil light does not come on, but when I start to leave the light is back on. Their 'ace' mechanic (the only one who knows what he is doing IMO) surmises the problem must have something to do with the oil and filter change since that was the only 'maintenance' that had been done, and does another oil/filter change paying close attention to each step. Doing this, he spots a sesnsor that sits just above the filter and has been moved when doing the filter change. That fixes it, I didn't have to pay anything and finally get out of there at 1:15. They say they haven't worked on an NC700 before (as an excuse), but I know they were using the maintenance manual and are supposedly trained and qualified Honda mechanics.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: 600 mile service of Honda NC700XD.

These are the people who you paid some extra money to in order to get the premium service, am I right?

I can't imagine what kind of treatment people who aren't premium members would get. Not mentioning that they didn't also change the clutch oil filter is kind of a big deal to me... That's essentially professional dishonesty
Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
dentheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
These are the people who you paid some extra money to in order to get the premium service, am I right?

I can't imagine what kind of treatment people who aren't premium members would get. Not mentioning that they didn't also change the clutch oil filter is kind of a big deal to me... That's essentially professional dishonesty
Yup, and when I bought the bike I was assured they have everything needed to properly service it as well as ALL the accessories to customize it. I will soon see about that as I want the tall windshield and cargo rack.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

You should really use the hell out of that program. Make it worth your while.

I would wager that after a couple of visits, or as you approach the face value of the program, they'll start to render lesser and lesser service to you, or at least they will drag their feet doing it.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Dave Dark

I rode an NC700X last week and it was a nice ride. It felt very solid and had enough pep (and more) to keep up with most road going vehicles.

That sucks about the service. I suppose they are using a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Unfortunately, we hear complaints about dealerships all the time. It makes you want to just do your own service but some people don't have the time for that.

But, then again, even with going to a service station you seem to have lost more time than if you had done it yourself.