It has only 12,000kms on it
a A few upgrades the person did
-Cobra street rods
-Dynojet stage 2 jetting
-K&N air filter
-Honda line backrest
Things he has done before storage..
-Adjusted valves
-Changed engine coolant engine oil-rotella t6 100% synthetic used with oem filter.
- Changed rear drive fluid- royal purple 100% synthetic..
- New spark plugs last season..
He is asking $4500.00 canadian
Do you think this is a good deal and what do you think about the bike...
Thank-you

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Thinking of buying a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc

A Honda is a Honda. I doubt you would be unhappy with the bike. The 750 line is a little long in the tooth but also a proven bike series with a good following and reputation from what I have read. Would I buy one ? No, they don't float my boat but that is a personal thing. Sounds like the owner just got the bike dialed in and finished the break in period just to get bored or wanting to upgrade. The price sounds reasonable for the GWN but you can always haggle a bit if you want. Try to get all the OEM parts as part of the deal.
If the bike fits , is reasonably comfy and puts a twinkle in your eye go for it.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
PimpS

Brand New Rider!

After first serious season with my gz i moved up to a bigger bike and honda shadow 750 was one of my favourite (among Suzuki M800, Kawasaki vn 800 classic, vn 900 and Honda Magna)
I can't tell you from a first hand, i haven't ridden honda shadow yet, I was only admiring it, it's a beautiful bike. I can tell you what other fellow riders have said, even owners of this bike; it's a great bike, since it's honda, but it depends on your wishes. The pros in my case were (i was checking to buy honda shadows 750, 1100ccm it's too clumsy for my taste), beautiful looks, great cruiser, good machine... The cons were (from others, even former owners) lack of HP, if you plan to make serious tours with your lady and a lot of luggage, no good, too weak, not much torque, if you want to overtake...
I'm gonna praise my kawasaki vulcan 800 classic, but never the less, it's similar price here, but many guys here told me, you'll stick with kawas, but honda shadow gonna make you wanna go up/higher, that's especially said if two are riding it on a long journey.

It's up to you, as always, go ahead, test it, see if it feels good... Don't want to discourage you, hondas are hondas, the machines are built like a tank and it all comes down to whether it makes you feel better being on specific bike or not. Maybe you like to cruise really easy, without nonstop overtaking the cars.
My 2 cents

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
fatoldfool

It is a great, dependable, boring bike. Sounds like the PO did his maintenance top quality. I would have to wonder about trying to soup up a 750 Shadow, but to each his own.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #5

Thanks to you all for the info. But after contacting my insurance company I am going to keep my GZ for another year.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

I hear ya. The insurance rates in the GWN are heart breaking.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
dentheman

2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (blue) is the bike I have! Mine is almost stock. It was my first motorcycle and it taught me well. Very nice and trouble-free. I now have it for sale on consignment because I feel the 5 speed transmission is not optimal for riding long distances at 80 mph. It will do it ok, but once I hit 70 it starts vibrating and I feel I am pushing it a little hard. Also, keeping all that chrome looking good was getting hard on me at age 63 (bending down, etc). I do miss it though on days warm enough to ride.
I am hoping to get a Honda NC700 in the spring. It has a little smaller engine, but a 6 speed transmission, and is more like a standard than a cruiser. And no chrome to speak of.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #8

So I have been shopping around for another insurance company.
I might have the best rate right now as it seems.
A lot won't even look at me until I have at least 3 years with my license.
Any of you riders from Ontario can you throw me some company's I might try.
Thanks.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
dentheman

It is strange how Canadian insurance and U.S. insurance companies differ. Here in the U.S., insurance companies are fighting with each other to offer the lowest rates and insure the most motorcycles, recreational vehicles, boats, etc. Minimum required Texas insurance for my Shadow 750 cost me $76, but I also chose roadside assistance so my total for the year was $77! (As a NEW rider with zero experience, using Progressive Insurance Co.) It almost seems that Canadian companies don't want the business.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
blaine

Here in Canada rates can vary wildly.Here On P.E.I when shopping around I got quotes that varied from $490.00 down to $185.00 for the same coverage.
:cool: